My Little Brother Saved Me When I Was Ready To End It All
Suicide Prevention

My youngest brother is what kept me from committing suicide. Now, I live my life for him with the hopes that he never feels the way I did.

910
Hallie Cunningham

Nicky,

You have always held a special place in my heart. From the moment you were born, I fell in love with you. You're the youngest kid and will ALWAYS be my baby boy.

I am so proud of you. At eleven, your accomplishments take up a list longer than this article and I am impressed.

When I was planning on taking my life, you saved me.

Moments before I would have left you, my phone lit up. My phone which has you as my lock screen.

It's always been the same photo — you during a baseball game.

But, there was no notification.

At the moment where I wanted so badly to end my life, you pulled me out.

You are my reason for living.

I go to school so I can get an education and help you out. I call you every single day and ask about school. I do everything in my power to make sure you know that you have a big sister who loves you more than anything else in the world.

When I felt powerless, your hope for life brought me through. You talk about the future with stars in your eyes and I cannot wait to experience it all with you.

Thank you for being the biggest blessing I have ever received.

Thank you for saving my life.

With all of my love,

Sissy

If you or someone you know is experiencing suicidal thoughts, call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline — 1-800-273-8255