My Birthday Years

My Birthday Years

Birthdays

139
My Birthday Years

What happened on Friday, August 19th? It was my birthday, such a blessing to have another year to live. Turning 19 on August 19th the day I was born is pretty essential to me. Nineteen years of countless memories that have shaped my life as a human being. Those memories that have accumulated over time gave me the personality that I express to people who are not ever comfortable talking to me. Shyness was a thing of the past and college changed that towards my favor through, group projects and presenting in front of one hundred kids alone in an auditorium. The 19th marks my 19th birthday of 2016 and it is so special to me because next year becoming 20 which is practically an adult. That age is where responsibilities become very crucial to one's life and you do things that you would not expect of doing. I am blessed everyday of my life that I get to live and reaching this age is only the beginning of a better future ahead of me. I learned that mistakes could only take you such a far way, that people can never imagine.

A birthday is when memories are made and you spend times with your loved ones, similar to a holiday. It happens every year and has a purpose that distributes the emotions expressed differently. I realized as years goes on my birthday becomes less and less amusing, but that is because the actions that I never took and my family caring less of events to set up. When a kid who just turned 4 on his birthday has a pizza party its memorable and something one would never forget. My 19th birthday consisted of a series of bowling games and just fun with friends I grew up with around my neighborhood. I lost both matches, but it shown me that its not about winning; its about whether you learned something from those decisions that made you lose. Birthdays are supposed to be memorable and something one would not forget, but the past couple of years it was nothing that opened my eyes up to amazement. I really just learned more about myself and how I can make myself better as a person.

Over the past years, I realized that life can go downhill at any moment, but you always must know when to hang on. It's like a cliff, the rocks will continue to fall, so how long can you hang on? College gave me so knowledge in one year that it makes me think of every decision I make and when I make it. Timing is key to everything, which is why the words "time management" is essential in college workload. I really show up on time to everything and hand in everything on time. Thank you God for another blessed year of August 19th, my birthday...