To My Best Friends

To My Best Friends

To the weird people I could never live without.

19
To My Best Friends
Comedy Central

Life would be so lonely and quiet without a bunch of weird people that you spend so much time with. Yes, I'm talking about your best friends. Let me tell you, my life would be so dry and bland without the best friends I have now. You guys know who you are. There are so many reasons to appreciate such wonderful, different, and strange people that wiggle their way into your heart to spend all their time and money with you.

Everyone had a best friend in elementary school that you did everything with. Birthday parties, playdates, school plays, and basically anywhere you went you asked if they could. Your mom and their mom really got tired of driving back and forth, especially when you both decided to play the same sport, on the same team, for multiple seasons in a row. Thanks mom for driving me everywhere with the childhood friend I couldn't live without.

There were days (before cell phones might I add) that dang of you two were mad at each other, you bet your bottom dollar that you've never made new friends faster just to spite your bestie and have a better day than they did on the playground that day. But you knew deep down that they want to play with you as much as you really wanna play with them. Strange how things work out.

The best part about childhood friends is that you make unrealistic future plans together to spend the rest of your lives together doing the same thing. Go to the same college, room together, live together after graduation, work in the same office doing the same jobs, have kids at the same time so they can be best friends, and make your husbands be the best of friends. However, not everyone goes to the same high school and you don't make it through middle school attached at the hip, but it's okay because you won't forget each other because those were some great times.

Middle school and high school hit and boom, all your friends are different. You don't even know these people and all of the sudden you're making t-shirts to go to movie premiers and taking funny videos with them and their animals to have, because social media didn't exist. And then you guys are going to basketball practice together and buying the same ball and shoes and wearing the same headbands. Funny how things change.

But now, being a graduate, I'm thankful for the best friend I had through pre-school and elementary school, the group of friends from middle school, and that strong, weird group of people I called my best friends in high school. Most of them you meet freshman year and you eat together, go to games together, and go out on the weekends together whether you had your drivers license or not (sorry mom). And some of the best friends from high school, you meet them four months before graduation and you wish you'd have met them in kindergarten. It's strange because the best friends that you make are probably the only people that you'll talk to after high school, and that's a great feeling.

Whether you run around in 25 degree weather and find out its so icy you wreck your axel and tires on a curb, or laughing as loud as you can in study hall to a ver irrelevant joke, the weirdest things I've ever done have been with my best friends and I'm so thankful for that. You guys are so important to me and my life wouldn't be the same without you guys, I would've had way less fun and gone to bed way earlier if I didn't have you guys, and I'm gonna miss not seeing you everyday.