My Anxieties Annoy Me

My Anxieties Annoy Me

I get so annoyed with myself when my anxieties become too much to handle.

102

Everyone worries about something, whether that be your next exam, a job interview, or about a conversation that you will be having later. Some people worry more than others, and that's okay. It is very normal to worry. However, I have found that sometimes my anxieties annoy the heck out of me.

I am anxious about driving on a highway. I get nervous when I have to return things to the store. I worry about potentially running into people that I do not want to see ever again. On one hand, I think that I should just overcome what is causing me to worry, but on the other hand, these anxieties cause me so much fear that it keeps me from being able to do things and being my best self.

When my anxiety is at its worst, I begin to feel bad for the people who have to deal with me. I begin to think that they think I am stupid for being this nervous. I get annoyed with myself that I have to give excuses because I am anxious. I start to wish that I could just turn off these feelings and move on with my life.

I lay in bed at night questioning myself and wondering why I can't just be "normal."

But even on my worst days, I know that I have people in my life who are there for me. I am reminded that what I am feeling is not stupid, that being nervous and worried about things is normal. They tell me that what worries me doesn't make me stupid or incapable.

I am thankful to have friends and family who help me when my anxiety becomes too much.

When I am not anxious, I know that I am capable and will achieve great things. Deep down, I know that I will be able to overcome these anxieties one day. Even though I am aware of this, that doesn't mean my anxieties don't currently annoy me.