My 5 Favorite Christmas Activities

My 5 Favorite Christmas Activities

My favorite season and my favorite things to do

15
My 5 Favorite Christmas Activities
David Wagner

Tis’ the season for snuggling up in blankets and drinking hot cocoa while listening to Christmas music. It is my favorite time of the year and I am so excited that December 1st has come so the real fun can begin. Here are a few of my favorite traditions about this time of the year.

1. Black Friday

It is not a Pearson family holiday without starting off the season Black Friday shopping. My family loves just going out and people watching the crazy consumes who get mad at other people who are cutting in line or take the last Keurig. We often do not even shop for much, we just go out for the fun of watching.

2. Baking Cookies

Baking is one of my favorite things to do, and it stems from this time of year. Our family makes an abundant amount of all different cookies. The most special part of these cookies is that the recipes we use have been passed down for generations and are very specific to how our family likes them. We often feel responsible for baking huge amounts just because everyone expects it from us.

3. Hunting for Christmas Lights

After years of finding the best houses in Las Vegas we have it down to a science of which areas of the city are covered by the best lights. We go looking for the extreme houses that have high power bills that make us cringe. There is nothing like seeing thousands of twinkling bulbs to get you in the mood for Christmas.

4. Decorating the Tree

Our tree is a hodgepodge of ornaments we have collected over the years. My sister has her side and I have mine and each year we each add one more to represent our year. I feel like I have more sentiment with my tree because of it. It is always fun to look back on the ornaments and figuring out what they meant to us years ago.

5. Watching Cheesy Christmas Movies

There is nothing I hate more than the Hallmark Christmas Movies, they are too cheesy and too predictable. However, I do not think my family would have it any other way. We fight over which one we will watch and if we have seen it before because often you forget the cheesiness.