My 12 Emotions Of Christmas

My 12 Emotions Of Christmas

Christmas emotions are year-round.

369
My 12 Emotions Of Christmas
designlike.com

There are Christmas emotions all throughout the calendar year, some you probably didn’t even know existed. But here are my 12 emotions of Christmas.

1. Only 365 days until Christmas!

Usually said at around 11:59pm on Christmas Day after all of the family has left and you wonder where the day went.

2. Only 364 days until Christmas!

In the aftermath of Christmas, we circle the date for next year and prepare for New Year’s Eve festivities.

3. You’re still listening to Christmas music?

Typically, can be heard around the end of January to the middle of February, people milk that Christmas feeling as long as there is still the possibility of snow.

4. Christmas in July?

Literally this celebration is an irony. We celebrate another Christmas, in the same fashion, in some of the warmest weather of the calendar year. We weren’t creative enough so we just called this a second Christmas. Whatever.

5. Come on, it’s not even Halloween yet…

Some, at this point in the year (mid-late October), already have Christmas lights up “because it gets darker out earlier.” Some are already listening to “Deck the Halls.” This is the point where I literally cannot even with those people.

6. It’s literally November 1 people…

For some, Christmas traditions begin on November 1. Halloween ends and that tree is shining in the front window. Stores and retail push hardcore Christmas down consumers’ throats until they realize how close Christmas really is. But it’s not close.

7. You’re already listening to Christmas music?

I again go through this phase of being appalled at people who can listen to Christmas music all through November.

8. How can you overlook Thanksgiving?

It’s literally a holiday dedicated to giving thanks while eating a bunch of food. What’s there not to love??

9. Black Friday is already halfway over by the time it’s Friday.

Ever since Black Friday sales started at 6pm on Thanksgiving night, I have become even more bitter towards people who dine and dash to save a couple bucks in all the hoopla that is the stampede of Black Friday. Cyber Monday is more my speed.

10. Okay, December 1, time to break out the Christmas music.

Finally, the time has come when I feel comfortable enough to crank the tunes and prepare for a Holly Jolly Christmas.

11. It’s basically Christmas.

I get this feeling about December 20, when I can count on one hand how many days there are until Christmas, and let’s face it, just give me the egg nog now, it’s go time everyone.

12. IT’S CHRISTMAS.

December 24, December 25, same difference right? Christmas is in full gear!