You Should Watch 'The Haunting Of Hill House' But For More Than Just The Horror

You feel so much more than horror...

13
Haunting of Hill House

So, someone I have been seeing recently suggested that I should watch this show, "The Haunting of Hill House." In return, she would watch "Twin Peaks." I am so glad we made that deal.

You see, I honestly didn't hear much about this show other than it was excellent and truly scary. I was a bit hesitant at first because, to be honest, I don't really watch many television series, if any at all. However, with the combination of her and this show, I'm changing. I loved this show not only because of the excellent horror themes and tone used throughout the series but because of how emotional it made me.

https://www.facebook.com/thehauntingofnetflix/phot...

I'll admit it, I'm a fairly emotional person. The smallest things in television or film could make me cry if it's done well enough. And I'm not ashamed to say that! It's a good thing when a motion picture can evoke such emotion inside of you! And this show was no exception. In fact, I'd say that the story and family drama is done better than the horror aspects. Maybe I would even consider this to be more drama than horror, looking at it from a certain point of view.

I don't want to say anything about the plot or the characters or the setting. Try to get into this as blind as I did, it really pays off. I guess you've just really got to take my word for it. There was an entire episode where I felt that oh too familiar lump in the throat for the entire hour. It crushed me and left me emotionally drained, and I LOVE that in cinema. Make me feel bad! Not everything has to be sunshine and rainbows!

Also, the cinematography on display is bonkers. There were multiple times where I audibly gasped and was giddy with excitement just thinking about how they even pulled it off. As someone who one day hopes to be director of photography for productions like this, it was an absolute visual treat to watch and think about afterward.

I know what your thinking. "Jacob, why would you even write this? You haven't discussed anything relevant to the show or why it's so good. What the hell are you doing anymore dude". And you know what? You're right. I hope that you take my recommendation to heart and at least watch an episode or two though. Trust me! It's only an hour of your life! You've got time dude! Watch it!

.