Must Read Books For Fall

Must Read Books For Fall

These are some examples of my favorite books, and they will make the cold weather bearable.

15
Must Read Books For Fall
FIG AND THISTLE

It is that time of year where the weather is getting cooler, the leaves are getting brighter and our beds are becoming harder to leave. Soon, people will be hiding indoors to escape the bitter cold. I have found that there is no better way to spend the colder months then with a good book. So, as I stare at my bookshelf across from my bedroom, I am remembering all the different feelings I had felt when I read each book. I figured it would be beneficial to share a few recommendations for all those who are planning a trip to Barnes and Nobles.

My first recommendation is The Girl On The Train, by Paula Hawkins. This is a thrilling novel, with intense twists throughout. With Halloween right around the corner, it is the perfect time to curl up with a creepy novel that will have your eyes glued to each page. This is certainly one of those books where you just cannot put it down and is definitely worth reading before seeing the movie. It is a mystery novel, and the main character Rachel tries to unravel a murder. Through her journey trying to put all the pieces together, I felt I was right there with her. It is hard not to get completely sucked in.

Another that I have just recently read is Everything, Everything, by Nicola Yoon. It is appropriate to say that this one hit me right in the "feels." It is heart wrenching. The main character Maddy, is very relatable, making it easy to connect with her. Maddy is sick, with every allergy in the book, and hasn’t left her house in 18 years; could you even imagine? It is basically her telling us the story of her life concealed to the comfort of her home. There are a couple twists and turns in this one, and I just highly recommend it.

Now, one of my favorite books ever, Thirteen Reasons Why, written by Jay Asher. If you pick any of these to read, please read this one. It is about a girl who commits suicide and sends out cassette tapes to all the people who were influential upon it. With bullying being a huge problem today, this book really makes you think about the way you treat people. It just proves that no one knows what is going on in anyone else's life and how any simple act can really make someone go over the edge. The way people treat each other is like a domino effect; people do not understand who much their words can affect someone. JUST READ IT!

For those of you who enjoy poetry, I recommend Milk and Honey, by Rupi Kaur. This work of poetry is amazing and is a pretty fast read. It is also relatable; it follows different types of pain and feelings: from love, heartbreak, depression, to finding yourself. This is the type of book you could just throw in your bag and read it whenever you have a spare minute. I read this one on a slow day at work, I couldn't stop!

The last book I'll suggest to everyone is Every Day by, David Levithan. The only thing I can really say about this one is that I just enjoyed everything about it. The meaning behind it is inspiring. The characters are extremely well developed, and it is overall an amazing read.

Reading can be tough for many people; I used to feel the same way. However, with the right book, someone can really fall in love with reading. You just need to find the one book that makes you feel that passion for reading, and one of these might be that for you. These are just a few examples of some outstanding novels that I think many of you would appreciate! Take a break from Netflix, and grab one of these or any other book, and just enjoy the cold weather. I find myself being grateful for the cold, because I have an excuse to lock myself in my room and lose myself in a book. Let your imagination take over, you will not regret it!