MUST DO'S BEFORE THE END OF HIGH SCHOOL

MUST DO'S BEFORE THE END OF HIGH SCHOOL

Four years goes by fast, live it to the fullest.

7
MUST DO'S BEFORE THE END OF HIGH SCHOOL

Moving on from high school can be one of the biggest and most important moments in someone's life as it marks the start of a new beginning. Regardless of where you are going, or what you are doing after it is still a major milestone. However just because we may not enjoy it or can not wait for it to be over, does not mean we should fly through it. High school, while stressful, could be one of the best times in your life. Be sure to not let it pass by too quickly by occasionally stopping and living in the moment. Here are some suggestions on how to make sure your high school years are satisfactory.

Travel. Wherever you may be headed after high school, your time may be limited to traveling. Take advantage of vacations and family trips. Go while you can and experience as much as possible before being tied to something like work. It's important to actually see the world in a different way, even if that means just traveling one state over.

Learn how to budget - Take a class on finances. Whether you're planning on college, heading straight into the workforce, or taking a few years off, it's important to know how to manage your finances - there is a good chance your parents are not going to continue doing them for you. Start up a savings account and every week add a little more money. This will help you save more, be more financially stable, as well as introducing you to the concept before you actually have to apply it to the real world.

Write a letter to yourself. Maybe your hairs pink and you want to become a actor on broadway. Write this down in a letter addressed to yourself, but for ten years in the future. Write about your classes, teachers, interests, and friends. This is stuff you may want to know down the line.

Start thinking about your future. Although most are still in the teenage years, you should start thinking about what you want to do. What are your interests? What do you enjoy? Try shadowing some different people with different careers. Look up some things, see if your passions could also serve as job for you. Also consider the other sides of your future - learning to cook simple meals, and doing chores such as your laundry. Start to take some more control and responsibility of your life. Doing this will get you ahead, and will help you not be totally confused with your life.

Exercise. You're only young once. Start working on being healthy before you get to busy. Try to incorporate exercise and healthy eating into your schedule and learn how to fit it in even when you get busy. Use this and carry it on throughout your life. If you start early you can make it a habit that will stick with you.

Thank your teachers etc. At times you may have disliked them or questioned why they are drowning you in homework. But, these people are the ones who care about your future and want to help you create it. What they are doing - believe it or not - is for your own good. They do a lot more than just teach, they mentor and try to share their experiences and advice. Thank them for this. Take some time and tell them that you appreciated them and even engage in a conversation about the future. Let them know that you care. If you want - and they do as well - get their contact information.

Go to prom, events, etc. Things such as prom, a football game, or even a pep rally don't seem like a huge deal. But the reality of them, is that they only happen once. You don’t have prom and other high school events after high school. Try going to a few things that you would not normally got to, eat lunch in the cafeteria, buy school food. Even if it's just once - try it. Make the best of everything that you have around you, while you can.

Despite all the hard, stressful, and just plain frustrating situations that high school bombards at you, it isn't all that bad. It could possibly end up being some of the best years of your life. However, you only have four years so don't hold back and participate in everything you can. Even if it's out of your comfort zone, someday you're going to look back and wish you did it.