9 Things You Must Bring To Any Convention, No Matter What It's For

Going to conventions is a fun adventure, but don't forget to pack these essential items.

95
Craig Whitehead

Summer is right around the corner. Tons of fun, no school, and especially more free time for students all across the world. If you are anything like me, one thing that you can't go a summer without is a convention.

If you haven't been living under a rock for the past few decades, conventions have been a big event held every year all around the world. It can range from anything concerning business or social issues to the more popular ones, social media, and comics.

If you are going to any type of convention this summer, whether it be San Deigo Comic Con or VidCon, here are some things you can't live without when you are there.

1. Water.

This is an absolute must! If you don't bring water with you to a convention, you're going to have a hard time. Just like a sporting event last over 8 hours, conventions are exhausting and take a lot out of you. Don't forget to pack yourself a bottle and stay hydrated all day long.

2. Cell phones and chargers.

If you are like me, you never go anywhere without your cell phone. It is the link that takes you to where you are and all the social media out there. Because the days at conventions are so long, don't forget to bring your charger. You wouldn't want your phone to be dead when you are about to meet your favorite celebrity. How will you capture this moment?

3. Money.

Sure, there can be a debate on why you may need money at a convention. "I'm just here to partake in the festivities and meet people." But sure enough, even if you are not going to buy any merch, you are still going to get hungry and will need to buy food. It's a little pricey, but you wouldn't want to starve, would you?

4. A mini sewing kit.

One of the biggest parts of fan conventions is cosplay. Where people dress up as their favorite character from a TV show or movie and act like them for a few hours. It is really fun, but one thing you would hate to happen is if your costume becomes torn. But never fear! A tip is here!

Be sure to bring a mini sewing kit in case something happens. If you have one handy, you will be able to fix it in no time!

5. Electrical tape.

This goes along with the mini sewing kit idea. If you are cosplaying and have a prop with you. You would bring electrical tape with you in case any part of the prop tears or breaks apart. it is better to be safe than sorry.

6. A camera.

Along with your phone, if you would rather not have to take pictures and save battery, use a camera instead. They take great pictures just as well.

7. Sharpies.

Not a lot of people think about this, but if you are going to meet your favorite celebrity, you would probably want them to sign something, right? Well, sometimes they don't have pens on them. To solve this issue, bring your own sharpies, so you are prepared, just in case.

8. A decent-sized bag.

What else are you going to carry all this stuff in? Just remember that you will have to go through bag check first.

9. Comfortable shoes.

I can not stress this enough. Please wear comfortable shoes to conventions. You will be walking around a lot and trust me, your feet are going to hurt.