Music You Need In Your Life

Music You Need In Your Life

Music's in my soul

I am such a music nerd it's not even funny. I literally search for new music every single week. I always want to find the best of the best whether it's top artists or artists you never even heard of. One thing I love doing is hearing what other people enjoy listening to, in hopes to give me new music to listen to. While I have my current favorites and all-time favorites, these are a few songs that I feel need more attention at the moment. Before you see the artist and decide to skip, why not give it a listen to? You might be surprised!

1. Versace On The Floor - Bruno Mars

Bruno Mars finally came out with a new album and I couldn't be happier. This song is definitely one of my favorites to sing in the shower. His voice is always amazing but this song really shows his talent. If you haven't already heard this on the radio, then you are missing out.

2. Champagne and Pools - Hoodie Allen ft. Blackbear & KYLE

Hoodie Allen is so talented and I wish more people listened to his music. I have never heard of KYLE, but Blackbear is another underrated artist that deserves so much more attention. All of their styles coming together is the perfect mix for anyone to like.

3. Make Me (Cry) - Noah Cyrus ft. Labrinth

DOESN'T SHE SOUND LIKE MILEY?! The second I heard this song I fell in love with it. It has a very unique style and I am obsessed. I'm surprised I haven't broken the replay button yet.

4. Make Love - Chris Brown

I've always been a fan of Chris Brown's music. After his song 'Back To Sleep' I thought for sure I'd never love another song as much as I loved that one, but this song proved me wrong. I absolutely love the background music and obviously his amazing vocals. If Chris Brown isn't really your thing, I still highly recommend giving this song a listen to.

5. Body Moves - DNCE

I MISS THE JONAS BROTHERS. Thankfully Nick and Joe Jonas still make music. While Nick will always be my favorite, this song is SO GOOD. This is one of my more upbeat favorite shower songs. Be careful though. Too much jamming in the shower could be dangerous!

6. Heaven - Troye Sivan ft. Betty Who

I've followed Troye Sivan for awhile now and he always seems to amaze me. Even if his music isn't quite your taste, PLEASE WATCH THE MUSIC VIDEO. Most of his music videos are very emotional and powerful, but this might have topped his past ones. With everything that is going on in the world, this song and video is what we all needed. Great job, Troye.

7. Guys My Age - Hey Violet

I don't know about you, but this song is way too relatable. Just about all of my exes come to mind when I listen to this and it has such a good vibe. We need more girl groups like this!

8. Livin' On Love - AJR

Remember that overplayed but catchy asf song called I'm Ready? Ya know, the one with Spongebob in it? THIS IS THEM. I love every single song they come out with and even though 'I'm Ready' went viral, they need more attention. These are three very talented brothers and I look forward to each song release.

9. Sit Still, Look Pretty - Daya

I couldn't relate to a song more than I do to this. I wasn't feeling it the first few times I heard it, but the lyrics really started to grow on me. I think they are actually very powerful and I wish it was more recognized for that rather than just being another catchy song.

10. In The Name Of Love - Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha

My all time favorite car ride song. I couldn't even begin to explain why I am so obsessed with this song, but I am. You have definitely heard this on the radio, but for some reason will never feel overplayed to me.

11. Bad Things - Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello

I'm not gonna lie, I actually hated this song at first. But after the third time, I was hooked. I really hope they do more music together because this is the collaboration I needed.

12. Rumours - Gnash ft. Mark Johns

This is my Sunday afternoon song. I listen to this when I am doing last minute homework on Sundays. It's honestly quite soothing and relaxes all of my stress away.

13. Gingerbread Man - Melanie Martinez

I know what you are thinking, this sounds creepy. BUT IT'S SO GOOD. I promise, give this song a chance. It's so catchy and the lyrics are quite clever. Actually, all of her songs are quite clever. If you enjoy this song, I recommend her Crybaby album!

14. Ruin - Shawn Mendes

Shawn Mendes is such an amazing artist and just about every song he has ever come out with has been a favorite of mine. This is my favorite of his newer music. It's a tad different from his other songs and I love it. Shawn always write such sweet but also emotional songs, but don't we need some of that in our playlist?

15. Cruel - Snakehips ft. Zayn

I know...RIP 1D, but Zayn is doing quite well on his own. I'm actually a huge fan of his solo album. This song might not actually be a part of that album, but you have to admit it's still good. Try and listen to this without dancing. You can't? I KNOW. Thank you, Zayn, for not leaving the music business.

If you are currently reading this, please comment with some of your favorite songs! I love hearing new song suggestions. Music is something that everyone loves and asking someone their favorite song can actually teach you a lot about a person. I don't know what life would be like without music.