Music Allowed Me To Grow In Faith

How Musical Worship Brought Me Closer To God

There is no wrong way to worship, but the method that worked best for me and my relationship with God is musical worship.

765

Throughout my walk with God, I have always been connected to music. Whether it be in the audience of a church service, at a concert, or being a worship leader I have always loved the atmosphere surrounding music.

My parents always encouraged me to go to service as a kid, but the only fun part for a little girl was singing along to the music like everyone else. During the music, it was just me and God, and nothing else mattered. I was no longer a kid who nobody took seriously I was a member of God's kingdom just like all of the other people in that sanctuary.

Even today as a girl about to graduate high school, music still brings me the same peace it did as a young child. When the music begins to play it is as if God hand-selected that song to play for me at that exact moment in time. The words of that particular song at that moment whatever the song may be it always speaks to me.

Christian music concerts are no that stereotypical everyone holds hands around the campfire experience some people believe it to be. These concerts are loud, energetic, and full of love for God. My favorite moment at one of the events was at Winter Jam last year when the whole stadium lights up with lights as the opening band came on, and everyone began to sing along as if one voice.

That image of unity is how the body of Christ should unite. Music allows people to put aside their differences and just worship. That unity gives me hope for the future because music gives people a reason to unite.

Being part of a worship team has allowed me to give people that same experience that I wad given as a kid. Not only has leading worship lead me closer to God, but I hope it has given people an outlet of worship. Just standing on that stage playing the songs that could save people's relationship with God is so powerful. I know music saves because it helped me truly believe.

Like I said previously music in church services gave me something to look forward to every week. I have always strived to be close to God but it was not until one summer night that I felt what I craved from God. One night around a campfire a group of close friends and me were singing "Death was Arrested" by North Point InsideOut. That song gave me a fire for God and it was all because during that song I felt his arms around me like a hug.

That hug from God gave my dead faith life. Music gave my faith legs to walk and to work for his glory. If it was not for music I do not know where I would be in my faith today. God's gift of song propelled me into this life long walk with him.