11 Songs That Makeup The Playlist Of My Life
Music

11 Songs That Make Up The Playlist Of My Life

Out of all the playlists, this one wraps up all of them.

1817
woman listening to music

Sure everyone can make a playlist, but what's the playlist that pretty much sums up your entire life in only 11 songs? There's a variety that can develop over the years.

1. "Don't Call Me" by Young Thug & Carnage feat. Shakka

This song has indeed, prevented me from calling people I know I shouldn't. It can also go vice versa where you don't want someone to call you, which can happen from time to time. With the EDM vibe Carnage brings to the infectious beat, it's inevitable to become addicted to this song.

2. "Undo" by The 1975

If I could put all of The 1975's songs in this playlist, I would. But since I have a limited number to this playlist, I had to choose this old classic. I was obsessed with this song for years because I feel like I always need to "undo" some action that took place in the past. It hits home every time.

3. "The Stranger" by Lord Huron

I first discovered Lord Huron from "The Night We Met" with their lonesome lyrics that reminisce on the past. The lyrics to this song speak to me, such as "I can't trust anyone or anything these days/If you are what you say you are, then show me your face." Nowadays there's not enough trust implemented in other people and we assume people just want things for a particular reason, so you are a stranger.

4. "Numb & Getting Colder" by Flume feat. Kucka

Flume is one of the first EDM artists I discovered, so when he released his sophomore album "Skin", it brought so much to the table. This song stood out to me because Kucka's voice is mesmerizing and the beats Flume creates to compliment her delicate voice will have you in goosebumps.

5. "Paranoid" by Post Malone

Post's first album "Stoney" was a staple album I listened to while on a road trip. So when "Beerbongs & Bentleys" released, it felt like a long, overdue treat to end my freshman year of college. The first track "Paranoid" spoke to me in levels because I am a very paranoid person but I'm not famous like Post Malone, so I can't imagine the anxiety he gets every day.

6. "III. Telegraph Ave. ('Oakland' by Lloyd)" by Childish Gambino

One of my favorite Gambino songs of all time hands down. The way he switches tempo of the beats and his switch from singing to rapping make this song a classic. I would listen to this when I was feeling down and it would make me feel better again.

7. "Porcelain" by Moby

This is the first song I remember my mom played for me in a car ride on the way to Chicago. I'm convinced this song is what got me into more EDM and electronic music, if you can't tell from the lineup of this music already.

8. "Take Care" by Drake ft. Rihanna

This was the first song I learned word for word by Drake. I think we can all agree the album was one of his best, so I felt like it was necessary to include such a classic.

9. "Use Somebody" by Kings Of Leon

Growing up, my dad was a huge fan of Kings of Leon. Car rides with him usually consisted of rock, which I am a fan of, but I don't usually listen to as much. However, Kings Of Leon will never have a song that goes old because people who aren't a fan of the genre still find a way to belt out the lyrics.

10. "Westside" by The Kooks

I have been listening to The Kooks for years yet did not know it. They have been around for over a decade and their songs are timeless. After listening to this song live, I was forever changed.

11. "505" by The Arctic Monkeys

The Arctic Monkeys help control my teenage angst with their harmonious rock songs and catchy beats. Alex Turner sounds even better live than he does on track. 505 is an old classic I could never get tired of hearing.