Artists You Can Listen To While Patiently Awaiting 'CTRL'

To keep yourself busy while waiting for SZA's sophomore album, CTRL, here are some mixtapes/albums/songs to check out.

22
AFROPUNK

As many of you may know, SZA (sizz-uh), announced that her sophomore album, CTRL, would be released sometime in 2017. SZA recently dropped a track titled Drew Barrymore, a dreamy, 90s-esque ballad paying homage to the actress Drew Barrymore, whose starred in movies like Never Been Kissed and Poison Ivy. After listening to her album, Z, released in 2014, and her EP, S, released in 2013, here are twenty-seven (2017) artists and their various songs/albums/mixtapes you might enjoy listening to as well. From well-known favorites like Frank Ocean and The Weeknd, to lesser known up-and-comers like Junglepussy and Khalid, this is music hopefully SZA herself would approve of.

1. BANKS (GODDESS; THE ALTAR)

2. FRANK OCEAN (NOSTALGIA, ULTRA; CHANNEL ORANGE; BLONDE)

3. A$AP ROCKY (AT. LONG. LAST. A$AP)

4. HALSEY (BANDLANDS)

5. ROY WOODS (WALKING AT DAWN)

6. 6LACK (FREE 6LACK)

7. THE WEEKND (TRILOGY; KISSLAND)

8. LANA DEL REY (BORN TO DIE)

9. KALI UCHIS (POR VIDA)

10. SOLANGE (A SEAT AT THE TABLE)

11. CHILDISH GAMBINO ("AWAKEN, MY LOVE!")

12. JUNGLEPUSSY (PREGNANT WITH SUCCESS)

13. KHALID (LOCATION- SINGLE; REASONS- SINGLE; SAVED- SINGLE)

14. ELHAE (ALL HAVE FALLEN)

15. AMINÉ (CAROLINE- SINGLE; BABA- SINGLE)

16. ANGEL HAZE (BACK TO THE WOODS)

17. BJ THE CHICAGO KID (IN MY MIND)

18. TRAVIS SCOTT (BIRDS IN THE TRAP SING MCKNIGHT)

19. ABRA (BLQ VELVET)

20. NONAME (TELEFONE)

21. CHANCE THE RAPPER (ACID RAP; COLORING BOOK)

22. PRINCESS NOKIA (ANOMALY- SINGLE; GREEN LINE- SINGLE)

23. MELANIE MARTINEZ (CRY BABY)

24. MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS (THE FAMILY JEWELS; ELECTRA HEART)

25. JHENÉ AIKO (SOULED OUT; SAIL OUT)

26. DVSN (SEPT. 5TH)

27. FKA TWIGS (LP1; M3LL155X)