Kacey Musgraves

How Kacey Musgraves Is Changing Country Music For The Better

Hey country artists: take note.

11

Let me start off by saying I have never enjoyed listening to country music. Whether it's a male singer, a female singer, a song about love, or a song about summer, I never found a single country song that I liked.

But Kacey's music is different. It's raw. It's real. It's beautiful. And it's unlike any other country music I've ever heard.

There are many ways that Kacey Musgraves is changing the country music game, and each one is very different from the motives of other country artists.

For example, Kacey has one of the most unique voices in the country music realm. She has this perfect balance between pop and country that is both soft and bold at the same time.

She successfully blurs the two genres together and makes it sound perfect. How she does it? I'm not sure. All I know is that she's a damn good artist and her voice sounds like an angel.

Oh, and did I mention that she won Best Album of the Year against Drake and Kendrick Lamar? Yeah. She did that.

Not only is her voice perfect, but her lyrics are as well. She talks about things that no other country artist is talking about, and every song sounds so real.

She sticks to her beliefs and if someone tries to come at her about them, she stands up and makes it very well known that she will not back down.

When her song "Follow Your Arrow" came out, country music stations even refused to play it on the radio because of the same-sex kissing references.

However, she didn't let this get to her and continued to openly talk about same-sex relationships and LGBT rights. How many other country artists are doing that?

No matter what happens, Kacey has stated that she will always love country music, no matter how much criticism she receives on her songs.

I think the country music world has a lot to learn from Kacey Musgraves, and they need to take notice of all the great things she's doing. Her fan base didn't grow extremely fast for no reason.

She earned the hell out of every award and fan she's received, and I can't wait to see what's in store for not only Kacey but country music in general.