You Can Do This

You Can Do This

An open letter to over-involved students.

4
You Can Do This
Wikia

I am indeed a part of the category where there are students who are involved in almost anything. I am talking about seeing me at the beginning of your day to the end. Whether there was an event that I was helping out with, I held a meeting or just walking to class. I just want to say that it's OK. It's perfectly OK to be involved more than one thing. I am involved in at least five or six clubs and organizations on my campus and I'm just in love. You can even go ahead and be in five clubs, if that's what makes you happy. I suggest never over-working yourself, but if you know you got it I believe in you. I believe in you when you say, "don't worry, I have this under control" or "I got this." I believe you because I do it too. I know when I have a lot on my plate and when I don't. People will worry often about how much you are involved in, but that's only because they care. A good sign is when others ask how are you doing and how are you balancing everything. I appreciate everyone who checks up on me and makes sure I have my head set on straight. You guys keep me grounded and as a college student that can be trying at some times.

I understand when people worry about you spreading yourself too thin. However, focusing on other people's worries can get you off task if you let it. For some people, when people worry you start to worry and I wouldn't recommend it. As long as you can assure yourself that you are capable of handling everything on your plate, you'll be fine. I can honestly say that being involved on a college campus can really change your life for the better. You have the opportunity to meet wonderful people that you will soon come to find out that you can't live without. I urge you to do what you do best and just be involved in the best of your ability. One thing that I know is true is that being involved can increase an academic and social college experience.

This letter can even be relatable to people who aren't over-involved, but has one thing that they are super involved in. Like some of my friends are education majors and they are always on the go. I am talking about late nights and an hour or two road trips to another school for observation hours. There is just so much that goes into the process of getting a teaching degree. I applaud everyone who desires to teach, we need more wonderful teachers in this world. So I encourage you to go after your desires, whether they be many or just one. Do what makes you happy, but make sure you can handle it as well.