12 Things I'll Spend My Bus Fare On Now That MSU Has Free Rides On Campus

Spartans will ride for free.

694

For years students have been begging Michigan State University's CATA busses to allow students to ride for free, claiming that the $50 bus pass EACH semester is a little bit ridiculous considering the amount that students already pay just to attend the school. Even MSU's biggest rival in all aspects, University of Michigan, allows their students to ride their public transportation for free. So why couldn't the Spartans as well?

On July 18, 2018, MSU announced that for the first time, students would be allowed to ride the CATA buses that run on campus for free. Although there is some concern about how the already over-populated busses will handle more riders, one thing's for sure: Spartans are looking forward to spending their bus fare elsewhere.

1. Starbucks

AND I'm treating myself to a Venti, too.

2. Rama

Let me get an extra pitcher (or five) next Thursday.

3. A meal in the caf

I'll be at the Brody pasta line if ya need me.

4. Conrad's

Onion rings are calling my name!!!

5. Paying back my parking tickets

Maybe I'll finally give PACE the money I owe them... maybe.

6. Pinball Pete's

After an afternoon at RAMA though, of course.

7. A new pair of headphones

Lord knows I'll need them for the bus.

8. A Spotify subscription

To listen to with my new headphones, of course.

9. Pizza House

No longer relying on winning it at a basketball game, thank you very much.

10. A pack of gum from Sparty's

An essential for any lecture.

11. Buy a loaf of bread for the ducks

Those little babies on the Red Cedar just need a friend.

Chipotle

Waiting in the line on Grand River is WORTH IT.