Moving On From Something You Once Loved Isn't The Worst

In order to be successful, you must know what you're worth.

4
Wordpress / elijahferbrache

No, I'm not by any means a quitter, I'm just growing up.

I've always been the type of person to give 100 percent, no matter what it was for. Regardless of whether it was school, work, or even a relationship, I'm always putting my best foot forward. I usually put other people's happiness before my own, but I've recently come to the realization it should not be that way. I have become a lot happier and a more motivated person as of recently, but there are still thoughts and actions that linger in my brain once in a blue moon.

There has been a certain feeling I have been experiencing the past few months and I've finally realized there is one thing left before I can start this new chapter of my life. This feeling is not sad, nor happy, but grateful. I know in order to start the next part of maturing and growing up, I must leave my past behind, and not look back. It's going to be extremely tough for me to move on from this job I once loved, but it's something that must be done. I have gained a book's worth of knowledge over the years from my first, and only job, but I cannot stick around and gain from the same knowledge forever.

It's your job in life to know when to walk away and move on from a situation. The situation may be going perfectly fine, but you should never settle for less no matter what. You should always strive to better yourself as a person in present time, and in the future. Never undermine yourself and what you're capable of, because people will see potential in you regardless. In my case, I feel like it's finally time to move on from my first job. The four years there has made me grow into not only a better person, but has also taught me many life lessons. Moving on will always be hard, no matter what kind of situation it is. It is your choice if you want to be known as mediocre, or if you want to be known as the best.

Personally, I want to be known as the best, and that is what motivates me and my decisions in life.