To The Person Moving Into My Freshman Dorm Room

To The Person Who Is Moving Into My Freshman Dorm Room

You're moving into a room full of memories.

49
Christina Billie

To the person moving into my freshman dorm room…

One year ago today, I was in your shoes. It was finally move-in day. You're moving into room W525 in the 1940 Residence Hall. That's such an amazing room; I miss it so much. So many amazing memories happened in this very room last year, and I hope you get to create some great ones too.

In this very dorm room, every episode of Riverdale season 3 was binged. The entirety of New Girl, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Gilmore Girls, and Friends were watched as well. So many pints of ice cream were eaten, as well as hot chocolate, mug cakes, fruit snacks, and tons of Ramen.

Pumpkins were painted, gingerbread houses were made, the One Direction documentary was watched, and birthday cake definitely made a presence. There may be a little stain on the ground...it's nail polish. We spilled some and tried for so long to get it out (sorry).

The fire alarm did go off quite a bit, but it did make for some pretty fun 7-Eleven and McDonald's adventures at 3 am!

Living in that room with my three best friends made my freshman year of college much more amazing, and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

When you set foot into that dorm room for the first time, soak it all in. This is where you're going to be living for the next eight months. Make the most of it. While you won't spend the majority of your time in that room, make as many amazing memories as you can. I would do anything to live in that room again, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.