Don't Look Back At Your Past, Just Keep Moving Forward

The future is waiting for you.

91
Photo by Tegan Mierle on Unsplash

I am sure that every single one of you has gone through your pictures during a time of your life and you cringed looking at those photos. You look at yourself and you say the following:

“Ew, why did my mother let me wear those clothes?!”

“ Ugh, I look so bad in that picture!”

“WHAT WAS I THINKING!?!?”

Sometimes, you will be sitting down and you start to think about certain events that may have happened in your life. You ask yourself:

"Why did I do that?"

"I can't believe I said that!"

We can ask ourselves over and over these questions. We may never get an answer because well that what we decided that day. That day, we chose to wear that outfit. That day we chose to make that decision to go somewhere or do something. We chose to say what was needed to say on that day.

We may not look at pictures merely as memories. So take a moment and think about the memories that happened throughout our lives. You might regret making certain decisions, but regret won’t make you grow as a person. You need to let go of regret and resentment. Everything happens in our lives for a reason. You may never know why certain events happened in our lives but just know, it happened for a reason. Sometimes I look at certain situations that have happened and I remember them as the worst day of my life. Looking back, those moments happened for a reason. They helped me grow into the person that I am today.

Letting go of your past mistakes helps you to grow into becoming a better person. Not only do you grow but you become free. You start to care less about what everyone thinks about you. You start doing things that you want to do and not what someone else wants you to do. You live the life that you want to live.

Personally, I overthink about my mistakes and I get extremely upset at myself if I did something wrong or "mess up." I will run the situation through my mind over and over. I sometimes get so angry at myself for saying or doing something. This creates a lot of anxiety for me. It is hard for me to accept my mistakes and try to move on. It is something that I am working on to this day.

if you are going through something right now, look forward to the future. There are so many incredible things that will happen to you in the future. Sure, it doesn't happen overnight. Great things take time. Just be patient with your self. If you feel like nothing good is going to happen in the future, I promise, something unspeakable is going to happen to you. You will be surprised. So instead of looking back, look forward.