Moving Back To College Feels Like Coming Home

Here's to sophomore year!

27
Sam Margolis

Over the summer, I've missed being at Temple so much. Summer became boring after the 4th of July passed because all I've been doing was working and babysitting every day. Doing the same thing all the time became too repetitious and felt like I was living the same day over and over again. I was literally counting down the minutes until I moved back in to school.

So far, my sophomore year back at Temple is off to a great start. I moved into a new dorm, got to see all of my friends who I haven't seen in months, and all of my professors seem nice.

I've missed the food, the people, the atmosphere, and structure to my day with a set schedule to follow. I've missed the inside jokes, staying up late with my roommate, and being independent.

Sure, I get homesick sometimes and want nothing more than to sleep in my own bed and have a home-cooked meal with my family, but overall, being back at Temple feels like I've returned to a sense of normality.

I love living in Philadelphia. Ever since I was in middle school, I've always wanted to go to college in the city, and maybe even live there when I grow up. Now that I'm into my second year of college, I'm grateful that I am literally living the dream.

I consider Temple my home away from home, even though I don't live that far away to begin with. Even though living at college is a temporary experience, it feels like I've been here forever, which is how I know that this is exactly where I'm supposed to be and where I belong.