11 Movies You Hate To Love, But Will Watch Repeatedly Without Hesitating

Need a break? This can help!

203
Instagram

Life can hit us hard sometimes. When it does, all I want to do is lay down, eat some good food, and watch some guilty pleasures. Sometimes you need to just sit back and relax. It's okay to take a step back and say you need some you time! Here are some of my favorite movies I watch when I'm stressed out, sad, or just need a little break.

1. Legally Blonde (2001)

You can argue this is the ultimate female empowerment movie. A beautiful sorority girl creates a plan to win her ex-boyfriend by getting into Harvard and ends up discovering how strong of a woman she is along the way.

When to watch: a breakup or for when you need some extra confidence.

2. Blades of Glory (2007)

This movie is my ultimate feel-good movie. It has got me through a lot of bad times due to its quote worthy script and ridiculous plot. Two disgraced skaters band together to dance in pairs figure skating... but they're two guys. This is simply amazing

When to watch: whenever you need a serious dose of funny.

3. The High School Musical Franchise (2006-8)

I'm always down to re-visit all of our favorite Wildcats. These movies were good in the corny way when they came out and great in a nostalgic way now. On the surface, it's about a high school musical, but in all actuality, it's so much more

When to watch: if you want to feel some serious nostalgia.

4. Hairspray (2007)

This is the perfect movie for people who want a musical movie but aren't obsessed with musicals. This movie follows a plus size girl who dreams of being on tv, talk about body positivity! Plus the musical numbers are earworms that will put you in a good mood for days.

When to watch: if you need a body positive movie with a seriously fun plot.

5. Pretty Woman (1990)

Julia Roberts can put anyone in a good mood! Watching a hooker fall in love with a businessman and vice versa always puts me in a good mood, regardless of how weird that sounds! Plus, watching fictional hooker's problems kind of puts your problems in perspective.

When to watch: when you need a good distraction and a modern fairytale.

6. Happy Gilmore (1996)

Adam Sandler hasn't been putting out gems recently but I will always suggest what I deem his best movie ever. I don't even like golf and this movie never ceases to always put me in a good mood. Plus, there are so many movie stars in this!

When to watch: if you have to watch a "sports" movie or you need some good quotes.

7. Center Stage (2000)

Who knew that prima ballerinas had so much drama??? All kidding aside this gives us a look behind the scenes at a ballet company and how the dancer's lives aren't all pointe shoes and tutus.

When to watch: if you want to watch someone else struggle and come out on top.

8. Drop Dead Gorgeous (1999)

Good luck finding this movie, but if you get a chance to see it you wont be disappointed. Not only is it about a Minnesota teen beauty pageant with a dark secret, but it also has so many high profile movie stars including some Oscar winners! It's the perfect combination of comedy, mockumentary, and mystery.

When to watch: if you need a lot of genres filled, but only have time for one movie.

9. Easy A (2010)

This movie was the confidence booster I needed to get through 10th grade. I think this is one of the most accurate portrayals of how rumors spread in high school. While I wouldn't suggest following what Olive does, you can still enjoy it!

When to watch: if you need a reminder that you're totally done with high school already.

10. She's the Man (2006)

A Shakespeare adaption that's totally modern? Yes, please! I love Twelfth Night regularly but this takes it to a whole new level! Plus, I love Amanda Bynes. I'm rooting for her. Also, having Channing Tatum in this doesn't hurt either!

When to watch: if you want a period piece but don't want to watch a traditional one.

11. For a Good Time, Call...(2012)

It's not your traditional BFF movie, but it's still just as emotional! Two former-enemies join together to start a phone sex line...Obviously, chaos ensues. While it's crazy and over the top, it also talks about being career driven and loving your friends.

When to watch: if you need something raunchy AND sweet.

There are so many good guilty pleasures out there! Sometimes you just need to sit down and relax, you deserve it! Take some time to yourself and heal a bit. Just remember, when the movie is done, try and get back to work!