how do i start over

Embrace The Difficult Moments, The Moments When You Think Peace Will Never Fall Over You Again

When you feel like you need a fresh start and a moment to begin again.

105
Gabriella Hayes

"Everyday is an opportunity to try again." It's something my yoga teacher likes to say before we begin every practice. People love pushing off changes or new habits until "tomorrow," "next Monday," or "next year." The problem with this is that we are simply giving ourselves room to make more excuses; room to extend the amount of time that we are not actually changing anything. More often than not, when we push things off, we are just lying to ourselves.

If you are trying to make positive changes or reinforces to your life, decide today that it will begin happening. Decide right now. Every moment and emotion we experience is fleeting, so we are given countless chances a day to begin again. To think that we have the power to change our mindset, to recalibrate our perception, is straight up mind-boggling.

Now, if you are feeling stuck and want to start over, to make changes today, but do not know where to start; fear not. I am here to help. There are countless ways to reset your mind, your body, or any aspect of your life you wish to see improve. When we are being pulled into countless different directions by countless different forces, when we feel the weight of deadlines and expectations crushing us, that is when we need to help ourselves the most.

Losing ourselves in the rush of to-do lists and auctioning ourselves off to the thoughts and judgments of others are certain ways to diminish our quality of life. If you are starting to notice these things becoming patterns in your life, it is time to take a deep breath and begin again.

I've been learning how to lean into the uncomfortability that comes with being exactly who you are with complete disregard to what anyone else thinks. The purpose of human life is to make connections with other people, and true/deep connections only come when you are being 100% authentically who you are.

I've stepped out of my comfort zone and into colored hair and weird thrift store sweaters that fill my soul with rightness, and I am more than ready to show the world who I really am. Day by day I'm growing into exactly the woman I want to be and I'm so beyond excited to see where this mindset of growth continues to take me.

Changing your mental perception may seem impossible, but with effort and motivation, it is more than achievable. One of the most important things to remember is that whatever your attention and focus are on, wherever your energy is being exerted, is what will become. This what we call the law of attraction.

Although refocusing and always caring good intentions is a crucial step in improving your quality of life, it is not the only thing that matters. Once you have a good idea of what you want and why you want it and are putting your energy into it, you must take action. Thinking something is a world different than actually doing something. Putting physical effort behind your attention is what will produce results and improve your situations.

One of the biggest truths I've come to learn is that you cannot compare your path and your journey to anyone else's. You can't justify where you are in your journey to those looking in from the outside. If you set an intention for your day and set goals for yourself, both large and small, you are moving in the right direction. And that is enough in itself. We are all simply looking to build connections with others and to feel at ease in life.

I challenge you to embrace the difficult moments, the moments when you think peace will never fall over you again. Those are the moments that define and shape you. We all have an endless amount of time to keep growing into who we want to become.