How To Get Your Motivation Back After Spring Break

Even though you would rather be in bed or on a beach somewhere

176
Shuttershock.com

Whether you went somewhere sunny and tropical for Spring Break or just lounged around at home and enjoyed the time away from school, it can be hard to get back into the swing of things after your week off. Summer seems so close yet so far off, and a lot of school work is still standing in the way. Here are some ways to re-motivate yourself so you can power through the rest of the semester and feel good about it, even if you would rather go back to bed.

Break down your workload.

Homework can seem like the least appealing thing in the world after spring break, instead of panicking or putting it off look at your syllabuses and break the work up so it is easier to tackle. It will help you feel better to have a rough outline for how you are going to get through the rest of the semester and make your assignments seem less daunting. We've all had that final project that we've known about since the first day of class, yet we still wait until the last minute to start it. If you have final projects or papers instead of waiting for finals week, start working on them now.

Take time to manage your stress.

If you feel overwhelmed it can be helpful to take a step back for a little while. Instead of spacing out or looking at videos of cats on the internet take a moment to relax and clear your head. No matter how busy you are or how much work you have to do, it's important to make time for self care. Meditate for five minutes, do some yoga, go for a jog, take a bath or a quick nap. Taking the time to do these things might seem counterproductive but it will help you focus.

Remind yourself of your goals.

College can be tough and sometimes it feels like there will be no pay off for your hard work, instead of getting frustrated think about why you are here (and that your paying a lot of money for it). Don't be negative and discouraged, remind yourself about all the good things that are coming in your life. Everything might not seem perfect at this moment, but it will get better. The stress you are under now will pass you just have to stay calm and work through it.

It might seem like summer is ages away but it will be here before we know it. With spring break now behind us giving up and slacking on school work might seem more tempting than ever, but don't let yourself fall into that trap. Focus on your goals and keep pushing forward, you'll thank yourself later. Remember, the rest of the semester is all that stands between you and a beach somewhere.