10 Little Ways To Motivate Yourself To Get Out Of Bed In The Morning

Let's face it, 8 a.m. classes are the worst.

164
Instagram

If you’re anything like me, you hit snooze at least three times on your alarm before you get out of bed. You dread any morning classes that start before 10:30, and it takes some real convincing to not just sleep the whole day away. However, there’s still hope for us non-morning people!

Here are 10 little ways you can motivate yourself to get out of bed in the morning and make the most of your day.

1. Coffee

Thinking about having my first sip of this liquid gold in the morning is enough to get me out of bed. Knowing that I’ll be wide awake and ready to take on the day after a delicious cup of coffee always seems to motivate me, and I have no doubt that it will work for you too!

2. Talking to that someone special

Whether it’s one of your family members, your best friend, or your long-distance boyfriend/girlfriend, knowing that you get to speak to someone you absolutely love makes me jump right out of my cozy bed.

3. Think about your next nap

I know, this one sounds a little ridiculous because you JUST woke up. But trust me, it definitely works! Thinking about jumping back into your warm, inviting bed after that dreaded 8 a.m. class makes that nap feel like a little reward you get for attending class. Even just knowing that you have a little nap planned between classes can break up your day and make it seem more manageable.

4. Being productive

Whether it’s doing laundry or getting a head start on a paper, knowing that you’re going to accomplish something that day to make you feel a little more productive always feels really great. This always makes me want to get out of bed and start my day off right.

5. Treating your body right

Planning out a workout the night before always gets me excited to get to the gym the next day. Just thinking about how much the gym will help my mental health and make my body feel a little stronger really helps for those tough days when all you want to do is sleep in.

6. Planning something out the night before

Whether it’s a coffee date or plans to get off of campus and do something new is enough to get me out of bed and through the door. Little things like this always make me excited and eager to get my day started.

7. Breakfast

I absolutely LOVE breakfast. It’s my favorite meal of the day. Just think about it: it’s totally acceptable to eat chocolate chip banana pancakes first thing in the morning. If that’s not enough to motivate you to get out of bed, I don’t know what is!

8. Doing something special for yourself

Planning out a little something that is going to make you happier throughout your day helps when you have to wake up early in the morning. Whether it’s going on a run, planning to go to your favorite restaurant for dinner, or really anything that’s going to put a smile on your face will work.

9. Knowing there’s someone out there who's excited to see you that day

One of the best feelings is hanging out with someone who genuinely loves to be around you. Knowing you’ll make their day a little brighter will have the same effect on you.

10. You’re one day closer to something special.

Last but not least, knowing that you’re one day closer to something special is, in my opinion, the best way to motivate yourself to get out of bed. The first semester of college was really tough for me, but setting a countdown to the next time I’d be home, the next time I’d get to see my long-distance boyfriend, or even short term events like making it to weekend, really helps me get through my worst days. Seeing that you’re closer to a certain date or time really motivates you to push through your hardest mornings.