An Ode To Mothers: You Deserve More Than Just One Day

Moms should be honored every single day.

313
Madyson DeJoy

Mother's Day is a day where we honor the wonderful women who raised us, devote their lives to us, and our constantly our number one fans. But thinking about everything that mom's do, they most definitely deserve more than one day that we dedicate to them.

For as long as I can remember, my mother has been my number one support system. Moms do SO much for us, more than we probably realize. I have probably played every sport imaginable (may I add I am extremely unathletic), and through every soccer ball to the head, twisted ankle on the dance floor, or strike out on the diamond, my mom always told me how great I was -- how I would get 'em next time. Although it may have given false hope about my future of a professional athlete, I never felt like I couldn't achieve the impossible, my mom always had my back.

I definitely was not the nicest of daughters either. Every teenage girl goes through their 'dramatic' or 'sassy' phase, but mine seemed to be a little more over the top -- and last much longer than most phases. Luckily for me, my mom called me out on my bullshit, and told me straight up when I needed to check my attitude, and continued to forgive me when I would apologize for being a psycho.

Moms are also crazy at mind reading. They always know when something is wrong, and know just what to say to make you smile. My mom is able to pick up on when I don't like a certain food I am eating, when I've had a terrible day at school, or when I have news that I cannot wait to share. And if I am sad, she knows the exact food, joke, or movie to cheer me up. It's just one of a mother's amazing super powers.

So, here is to the mom's, who, like mine, work their asses off everyday just to give everything to their children; who climb mountains just to make their daughters smiles; who loose sleep in order to make every single sports game; and who support their child in every way possible, even when they make mistakes.

Mom, you deserve the world, and you deserve to be appreciated every single day of the year--- not just one. There isn't enough words to describe how blessed I am to have a mother as great as you, and how thankful I am for everything you've done, and everything you will continue to do. I don't tell you enough, but I love you more than life itself.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom. Every day should be dedicated to you.