9 Under-$50 Mother's Day Gifts Even College Student Can Afford

Because it really is the thought that counts.

212
Unsplash

Mother's Day is such a hard holiday to shop for because it's a way to treat your mom for all the things she does for you but nothing ever feels quite good enough (especially on a budget).

Though these gifts can't make up for everything our moms do year-round, they are still thoughtful options when you're on a budget.

1. Flowers

Flowers are a classic for any holiday but put a personal twist on it by buying a potted flower or plant that your mom can continue to grow year-round.

2. Edible Arrangement

Yes, these are just fruit arrangements that disappear quickly but there is something so luxurious-feeling about eating fruit that is arranged in a bouquet.

3. Pedicure

This is something you can get your mom or take her yourself but either way, it says that she deserves a little pampering.

4. Massage

Speaking of pampering, if your mom is stressed and could some ultimate relaxation a massage is a nice treat for her.

5. Makeup or Perfume

No one NEEDS perfume or makeup but that is part of what makes it so exciting. It’s a nice way to make your mom feel beautiful.

6. Candles

Candles can be burned year-round and every time she lights it she will think of you.

7. Movie Tickets

These can be to an early screening or just to a movie she wants to see. Whether she takes a friend or you go with, it’s a fun night out that she probably doesn’t get enough.

8. Gift Card

Now a gift card can seem like a generic gift but if you know a specific place your mom likes to shop it can be a good way to make sure she actually spends some money on herself and gets exactly what she wants.

9. Dinner together

Sometimes all a mom wants is some quality one-on-one time with her kid so why not treat her to a dinner where she can spend time with you.