To the Long Distance Mom on Mother's Day

You're still appreciated and loved, even over miles apart.

101

Mother's Day can be a bittersweet time for people who live far away from their moms. From someone who lives over 1,000 miles away from mine, it sucks when holidays roll around and you can't be there to celebrate with the people you're close to. Sure, there's FaceTime and Zoom, but it's never really the same.

So, to the long-distance mom,

I miss you and wish I could be there in person to celebrate with you. You've given me so much and I know that nothing I could give would ever come close to how much you've provided for me other the years. We may fight, have arguments, butt-heads on many things, but at the end of the day, you're still family and you're still important to me.

I wish I could come up with the words to say how grateful I am for you, but I know that there aren't any. You've given me love and support through my life, even in the tough times. You've supported me when it was time for me to grow on my own and create a name for myself - even if that meant watching me fall just to see me pick myself back up and try again.

You've given me an example on how I want to raise my kids, but you've also shown me ways that I can be different. Some tools I will take away and others I will make from scratch. All in all, though, you've shown me what it's like to be positive maternal figure and I can't wait to be that for my kids.

Even though there's distance between us, the bond we share is still strong. I would give anything to celebrate with you today, but just know that I love you and I am immensely grateful for everything that you do.