5 Reasons Christmas Is My Favorite Holiday

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

15629
Techno Buffalo

Everyone has a favorite Holiday, whether it's Halloween, Valentines Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, or even your birthday (because yes, my birthday is a holiday). The idea of celebrating something, a person, place or even a culture, brings happiness to people. My favorite holiday is the most recent one that is coming up... Christmas! Here are my five reasons why Christmas is my fave.

1. The decorations just make me happy.

I don't know about you, but my family takes decorating very seriously. We have two trees, a full town, a lot of snowmen and even more little gadgets that go all around the house. I love that I can walk through any part of my house and be reminded just how much I love it. Even growing up, my sister and I always knew it was officially the holiday season when we put all of the decorations up together. (And when I mean together, my older sister liked to "supervise.") This was one of the many traditions my parents had given to my sister and I at a very young age.

Now, if decorations in the house aren't enough... the decorations on the outside were more than enough. One of my absolute favorite parts of this time of year is riding home from just about anywhere and seeing all the lights on the trees and the houses.

2. The spirit of the holiday season spreads like wildfire.

The holiday season is all about the celebration of baby Jesus's life. To me, the idea behind this is the fact that he gave so much to us. This is where the gift of giving was born. The spirit of the holiday season is giving to everyone around you. While this doesn't necessarily have to be about the giving gifts to everyone but has more to do with the giving love and sincerity to everyone. If one person can give the gift of a laugh, hug or even a smile, that person can then pass that along to another person. Overall, giving is such a main idea around this time of year. Even if you can't afford an iPad, I know you can afford to give someone a smile that could change their entire holiday season.

3. It's a family holiday.

Family is the most important thing in life no matter what time of year it is but Christmas is one of those holidays you spend with all of your family. You get to see aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents even more during The holiday season whether you're doing a family dinner, a family trip somewhere or even a family dinner and movie night. I love that everyone sends Christmas cards to their family and friends all over the country. I love that friends exchange secret Santa gifts as well as big families picking out of hats for gifts. The idea of giving just supports the idea of being around family and friends during this time of year. Spreading the joy and love to each other brings everyone a little more happiness than usual.

4. It's a break -- from everything.

For most of the people my age this time of year means a break - from school, from your friends and life. One of the things I love most about this time of year is that I can leave my family at school and come home to my other family. I get to spend all year with these people and don't get me wrong, I love my family at school (shout out to Townhouse 1.1, you guys are the best) but something about just coming home and sleeping in my own bed and waking up to my puppies for month will never get old to me. So cheers to a four-week break, everyone!

5. Everyone is in a better mood (unless you're the Grinch).

I don't know about you but from the time of Black Friday till it is time to go back to school, I am in a much more cheerful mood than normal. There is something about being around family, seeing decorations and being home that makes me happy. I would describe myself as a relatively happy person but December just makes me exceptionally happy. Now if you're a Grinch and you don't like Christmas, don't come around me (unless you're bringing me your dog). Or how about you do come around me and I'll help you with getting into the Christmas spirit? I can give you a laugh, smile and even a hug (and anyone that knows me that's love because I hate hugs).

So, with Christmas coming up in a little under a week, here's to your Christmas. May your Christmas Day be filled with a whole bunch of food, laughs, and good company. From my family to yours -- Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday's, Happy Hanukah, Happy Quanza and everything under the sun!

Just remember, after all, it is the most wonderful time of year! Cheers!