10 Reasons why Christmas is the Best Holiday

Halloween and Thanksgiving got nothing on Christmas. Here's why.

13557

Christmas is a holiday that will last forever. It's one of the oldest holidays, most meaningful, and is celebrated around the world. Here are a few reasons why Christmas is one of the best holidays for college students.

1. Family Time. For those who get homesick easily, college was a tough transition. With the final days dwindling by, you can now go home and be with the ones you love. Although Thanksgiving does this, you often spend time doing assignments rather than spending time with family members.

2. Avoiding Responsibilities. Christmas break also means college students can go home comfortably, curl up in a blanket with their cat and watch Netflix for the entire break. No more professors, no more study cramming, and you can stay up all night binge watching 'Friends' instead of working on an assignment.

3. Snow. Not the freezing cold weather, I'm talking about the nice snowfall. The days where the temperature is decently cool and snow is falling. Perfect time for building snowmen, sledding, ice skating. If you're romantic enough, you can even take your significant other on a sleigh ride.

4. Presents. You know you're in college when you get excited over getting fuzzy socks for Christmas. Additionally, parents don't always know what you like, since you've been away at college, so they can usually get you the things you've been asking for during all your entire teen years: money, gift cards, socks, and free tuition (we wish).

5. The Birth of Christ. Christmas is more than a guy dressed as Santa, or a Rudolph with a mutatious red nose that glows when excited. Christmas is the time to celebrate the birth of baby Jesus. Regardless of your religion, you have to admit it's pretty magnificent when a baby is born in distressful times. It's a gift of life.

6. Christmas Music. There are a lot of great artists who are putting their Christmas music out. You don't have to listen to the classics 24/7. Nowadays, you'll notice there are a lot more contemporary and modern Christmas songs being played. Artists like Pentatonix, Tran-siberian Orchestra, and Mariah Carey are great artists with great Christmas songs.

7. Christmas Movies. Now, you can binge watch classics such as How the Grinch Stole Christmas, The Santa Clause, Elf, and many more.

8. Food. Holiday cookies, candy, peppermint bark, Christmas ham, and more cookies.

9. Christmas is the one of the few holidays you can give someone a gift. Whether they're your family or your best friend, Christmas is a time of giving.

10. No assignments. With the semester ending, you don't have to worry about anything. You can relax, go make some extra spending money at work, reunite with old friends. The possibilities are endless.