Ridiculous national holidays
Seasonal

'National Lazy Day' And 11 Other Of The Most Ridiculously Awesome 'National Days' That We Should All Be Celebrating

There is literally a "day" for everything.

565

To think that this whole time, there was a holiday that we could have been celebrating every day of the year. These aren't the holidays that everyone knows by heart, like Christmas on December 25th or Halloween on October 30th. But they sure are some fun ones!

Many are dreamed up by marketing departments, internet sites, and random people.

Its those days like "National Take Your Houseplants For A Walk Day," which — mark your calendars — is celebrated every year on July 27. So, without further banter, here is a list of some pretty plain awesome holidays that you should start celebrating.

1. January 11:  Step in the puddle and splash your friends day

puddle jump

Because what's more fun then getting your friends all wet?

2. February 28: Public sleeping day

sleeping

Who doesn't like to sleep?

3. March 13: National open an umbrella indoors day

Of course this one would be the day before St. Patricks Day.

4. April 16: Wear your pajamas to work day

pajamas

It's just one of those days.

5. May 3: Two different colored shoes day

shoes

Because why not have a day that is comitted to two different shoes.

6. June 9: National Donald Duck day

donald duck

Who doesn't like the duck that is friends with the mouse?

7. July 27: National take your houseplants for a walk day

They deserve to see the neighborhood too!

8. August 10: National lazy day

lazy

For all those who LOVE to be lazy.

9. September 8: Iguana awareness day

iguana

They deserve awareness too.

10. October 11: National sausage pizza day

pizza

Yum!

11. November 29: National square dancing day

What better excuse to go square dancing?

12. December 18:  Answer the telephone like Buddy the elf day

buddy the elf

"Bussy the Elf, what's your favorite color?"

For a complete list of all of the national day holidays, click here.