TSRMorningInspiration

TheShadeRoom's #TSRMorningInspiration Saved My Life

A message inspiring those in the struggle.

37
https://unsplash.com/photos/NsnibyT6QnU

As a 20-something, I consider myself to be stuck in an "awkward" stage of my life. I look around and many of the people I attended high school and college with are engaged or married, have given birth to the most precious beings, own beautiful homes and fancy cars and making wonderful livings in the careers they've dreamed of having.

Meanwhile, I remained stuck in a college dorm contemplating having a Pop Tart or a nap for dinner for the third consecutive night. On top of that, I was receiving rejections from nearly every goal I wanted to accomplish and battled a devastating heartbreak that I felt would never heal.

On several occasions I found myself crying and asking, "When will it be MY time?" "Why can't I be successful like them?" "Is all of this hard work really going to pay off?" "Will I ever find love and have a family of own someday too?" I prayed and asked God to send a confirmation that despite my current hardships, things will work out in my favor.

One morning, I was scrolling on my Instagram feed catching up on the posts and news that occurred overnight. My favorite verified profile on Instagram is 'TheShadeRoom' due to its content on African-American pop culture. A common daily hashtag this profile uses is #TSRMorningInspiration, which usually is a quote, photo or video containing an empowering message to start its followers day on a positive note.

The particular post I read that morning stated, "Don't compare your life to others. There's no comparison between the Sun and the Moon, they shine when it's their time." At that moment, I knew my prayers had been answered and everything was going to be okay.

The Sun and the Moon are both beautiful and powerful and they fulfill their purpose when the timing is right. Its the same with human beings. We are all beautiful and have our own strengths and when our moment arrives, whether earlier in life or later, we will shine brightly.

In life, we tend to be hard on ourselves when we witness those around us accomplishing big things while it seems as if we can't escape our own season of struggle. But in reality, it is all part of our plan that was created just for us. You are UNIQUE. You are exactly where you are supposed to be. Honor yourself, your time and your God-given plan. You are so much closer to your breakthrough than you think.

As J. Cole said, its "no such thing as a life that's better than yours."