I have some of my best memories during October as a kid.
Between being a princess four years in a row, jumping in piles of leaves or watching scary movies, it really was the best time. And I feel Lizzie McGuire can accurately represent my childhood excitement for the whole month of October.
1. When It's October 1st
Let the Fall festivities BEGIN!
2. When Everyone Starts To Complain It's Getting Cold
It's October, AKA the best month of the year? What's cold?
3. When You Go Pumpkin Picking And Find The Perfect One
My pumpkin looks better than your pumpkin.
4. When Someone Compliments How Good Your Pumpkin Carving Skills Are
I worked really hard on it and honestly it's just nice of you to notice.
5. When You Start Thinking Of Halloween Costumes
Okay, so none of the DIY costumes this year...
6. When You FINALLY Think Of The Perfect Costume...
It's life changing, honestly.
7. ...And Someone Else Says That's What They're Being
THE HORROR. *ba dum tiss*
8. When Scary Movies Are Finally On TV
Cue the popcorn, blankets and hiding behind someone.
9. Getting Into Your Costume On Halloween Night Like
I've never looked more *insert adjective here*.
10. When Someone Compliments Your Costume
It took me weeks to think of something that wasn't basic.
11. Looking At All The Candy You Got From Trick-Or-Treating Like
Reese's. Reese's. And more Reese's.
12. When Your Parents Told You Not To Eat It All At Once...
"Two pieces per day."
13. ...And Then You Went To Your Room And Ate It All...
TWO PIECES PER DAY? TRY 2 PIECES PER BITE
14. Waking Up To Feel Sick AF
I can never look at another piece of candy again.
15. And Then For All Your Dreams To Come Crashing Down Because..
*Counts down the days till October 1 next year*