Thank You Mom

Mom, You've Helped Me Live My Best Life, And I Won't Ever Be Able To Thank You Enough

You made me who am I today.

264
personal picture

Mom,

You have been my mom now for 18 years - that means you're finally old, right? Ha, only kidding. You still look stunning, no matter what you think, and you still have the fun vibes of an 18-year-old like me. Yeah, there I said it, you're cOoL.

In all seriousness though, thank you for never leaving me and always supporting me. You have been through it all with me - my dirtbag boyfriends, my back-stabbing "friends," my first **boys, close your eyes** period, my mental breakdowns.

You have also been with me on my most important days - when I was born (sorry about that), when I had my first kiss, graduation, and so on. You always had that beautiful smile and hilarious laugh to help cheer me up and give me advice. You are what keeps me going. You are my rock, my friend, my counselor, my hot momma, and my most favorite woman to exist ever.

You are the one I run to. I know I can always come to you with anything and not be afraid to talk to you. I feel comfort in confiding in you. I have told you so many things that I haven't told anyone else, not even my best friends.

Thank you for taking me out on dates to listen to me vent about all my problems. My favorite part about the dates is when you pray over our food and pray for me. It always makes me smile.

I always have a ton of fun with you. Holy cow, you are an absolute hoot. We can laugh about a stupid joke for about an hour and still think it's hilarious. Oh, not to mention, our laughs. Oh my gosh, our laughs - you know what I mean.

We never fail to have a great time when we're together. I honestly can't wait to go clubbing with you, no shame. Mom, you're my best friend and I love laughing and making memories with you.

You lead me to the Lord. I stray away... often. But you are always there to guide me back and point me to Jesus. You constantly pray over our family and open our home to Him. I can feel His presence inside you. The love you have for Him and others is overflowing. I hope and pray that I can become half the woman you are.

You saved my life. Without you, I may have not been alive today. It was my junior year of high school - the worst year of my life. Many of my friends from school had died that year. People were making fun of me and posting pictures of me on social media.

I had major boy issues. It wasn't a good year at all - it was absolutely horrible. So horrible that it consumed me and got the best of me. I was in the shower one night, mapping out how I would do it. You know, take my own life.

You were there though. You talked to me and made me feel safe. You prayed over me. You held me and kissed my forehead. "Don't let anyone steal your joy, sweetie." That has stuck with me ever since.

And if it weren't for you, I wouldn't be here today. I wouldn't be going to Missouri State pursuing nursing. I wouldn't be living my best life as I am today. Mom, you saved me from something I would regret. Thank you.

Mom, I love you. I love you so much, and I can't thank you enough for everything you have done for me. I can't wait for our many more adventures, laughs, and tears. I LOVE YOU!!!