When Do You Know To Move On

5 Moments When You Know It's Time To Move On In Your Life, From Relationships To Careers

Moving on up to the east side.

107

Decisions, decisions are no fun. Decisions, decisions, for just one. In life, there will be times where and when you have to make a choice. It will bring on new change and challenges, but the beauty of it all is in your hands and your heart of hearts. Here are some moments when you realize moving on is the best option.

1. When happiness comes later for you and sooner for others.

upload.wikimedia.org

Knowing your worth without getting big-headed is a character-building goal. You know that it will do you good in the long run, but sometimes making others happy leaves your happiness trailing behind. Without being selfish, your happiness is important too. Pleasing everyone is already a misguided mentality. You have to be happy with and for yourself, that way it can benefit you and others around you.

2. When you don't receive recognition.

c1.staticflickr.com

Standing out can be a difficult task when so many people are working towards the same thing. Being self-aware of your efforts when no one else is one of the most frustrating moments in your personal life and work life. Doing a good job is enough for you but being ignored for it makes you feel underappreciated and expendable. Surround yourself with people who care about the work you do and in time others will care about you too.

3. When intentions do not match.

c1.staticflickr.com

You know the grass is green, but the person you work for or the significant other you're with says it's blue. Miscommunication is understandable and can be corrected, but for someone to purposely do wrong by you is unacceptable. Being on the same page shows respect and accountability. When someone has their own agenda, especially one that uses you to reach their self-interest, it is time to move on.

4. When pros and cons feel the same.

c1.staticflickr.com

The feeling that things are what they are is a limitation and a false promise waiting to be realized. Sleepwalking through life is an option, but it is not the most fulfilling option. On the one hand, you have the status quo, the ordinary and the conventional. On the other hand, you have the unexpected, the unique potential for more. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, but also lemon tarts, lemon chicken, and anything you can reinvent with that lemon.

5. When your days are filled with monotony.

c1.staticflickr.com

"If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I'm about to do today?" Steve Jobs said this when he spent too many days doing what he no longer enjoyed. Sometimes you have to make a change when nothing is changing. Build your own bridge, carve your own path, go towards the light in your life and it will never stop shining. When you need precedence in your life, take the steps that will help you move onto that journey and destination.

Moving on is natural.