Why It's Okay To Take Your Time To Move On

This is a difficult time for you, and you have every right to not want to move on right away.

364
Umatter

Nothing sucks even more than being stuck on someone who doesn't show that same/or no longer has interest for you. We've all been through it, and it is normal, yet painful. Even though I hate to admit it, but there is a point when we have to let go of that person because it only holds us back even more (believe me I know!). But I always tell people to move on, on their own terms. We have to do things voluntarily. Otherwise, we do things we might regret later on. Everyone is different and loves differently. You were really hurt and maybe you feel like it's too soon, or you need some closure. Either way, taking your time to move on is okay! Take that time to do some self-discoveries, go for adventures, explore things you've always wanted, try new things, whatever it is, I promise you, you will heal and you will get better.

It's a difficult, emotional time for you

As cliché as this sounds, nothing in life is that easy, especially when it comes to love. Speaking from experience, it is hard to let go of that person you first fell in love with when you were young. You two went through hell and back together, created beautiful memories, stayed up all hours of the night talking, made each other laugh, etc. Those creations you two built is hard to let go of, and you shouldn't be forced or constantly told by people that you need to "let that person and those memories go". Everything will solve itself when the time is right.

Sometimes you just need closure

Maybe you're having trouble moving on because you can't seem to wrap your head around what even happened during the relationship, what went wrong or even why it ended the way it did. When we don't have the answers to certain things we just think about it until the point where we start to reminisce on that person and then everything just comes back to you. All those memories come back, and it is taunting to live in for the memories again.

This person is special

When you sincerely care and love someone who you thought would do the same for you forever, it is unexplainable what you feel. Your heart just feels so warm and happy. But then you two end and you can't stop thinking how this person who was so special to you could ever do what they did. You trusted them, loved them, cared about them and would've done everything for them at any given time. So yes you have the right to be mad, but most importantly you have the right to move on whenever you want to, and that is okay. Even if this person doesn't deserve your tears, stress, and more, it is okay because this person meant a lot to you...so why should you just forget about them like nothing ever happened?

Healing takes time

Healing from that relationship is an essential component when you're in the process of moving on. As I mentioned before, everyone is different, everyone loves different and most importantly every relationship is different. We cannot tell people when they can and can't do certain things because we don't know what they are going through and we don't know how they felt about that person. Hearing from them is different from feeling what they feel. It is important that you take your time to accept it, learn from it and heal from it all within your time.

I guarantee you; you will make it through. We, if not all have encountered moments like this and it can take anywhere from maybe days to weeks to months to years. I can only advocate for myself, but whatever works for you, just know that it is right because you are the one in control. I can only sympathize, support and listen to those who come to me for the same reasons like this because having your heartbroken from someone you love is a feeling I wish nobody would have to go through. But everyone goes through it. Even I went through it and currently going through it now, and it is not easy, but I've come to the acceptance that I need to move on and that I want to move on. As long as you stay true to yourself and let go of that denial, everything will fall into place.

Take some time to reflect and talk to others about how you feel. Always do things when you're ready, don't be influenced to do things you don't want to because it was your relationship and you know more about it than anyone else.

I wish you the best on this tough part of your life; you will be stronger than ever, and you will be happy again!