Mom, You're Pretty Amazing...

Mom, You're Pretty Amazing...

You don't hear it enough from me so here it is.

6
Mom, You're Pretty Amazing...
Sam Racketa

By the time you read this it will be a eight days after Mother's Day. Sorry about that, mom. You know me though. I always wait until the last minute to do something. Okay maybe not always. That's your other daughter. Anyways!

Happy late Mother's Day. The debut album of Harry Styles' album is playing in the background as I write this and I am informing you of that because it made me realize how you never judge me for talking the way I do about the bands and musicians that I love. You just let me rant. Thank you for that. I also can't wait to make you sit down and listen to each and every song of this album.

Moving on... I never tell you enough how much I love you. Sure we say it every night before we part ways and go to our respective beds, but I don't believe I put enough meaning behind it. I know you think dad is my absolute favorite parent, but I love you both equally. I know you understand that, but I still feel as if I need to tell you that. Just like I connect on a certain level with him, I connect on one with you as well. It's just in a different way. For instance, we both agree on how certain people act, we complain to each other about work and other things, so I believe we connect in a way that we know how to be one another's ear when listening to the other complain.

You get annoyed by me quite a bit when I'm always yelling for you to come look at something or to do me a "solid", but you love me all the same. Thank you for always seeing what I want even though I know you roll your eyes every time you hear me call for you.

I don't think you understand how much I appreciate your presence and your love. I only get one mother and I am glad that mother is you because you are pretty amazing. I am lucky to have you as my mom and I will never take that for granted. Thank you for all that you do for me.

Especially the time you took me to my first concert or when you tell dad to be quiet when he's annoying the crap out of me and I just want to snap at him. Which I usually do anyways, but it's nice to know you have my back against him...sometimes.

Also, I know I don't show emotion that much, but I do admire you. I admire that for one you get up every morning to go to work by seven in the morning. I can barely wake up at eleven so congratulations on being able to do that. I also admire that you are able to be at work all day and still come home and do things. You know my butt would be in bed napping as soon as I step through the door. Actually, I already do that now after only working a four hour shift. I also admire your relationship with dad because even when he jokes around with you and you get extremely irritated, you still love him. You guys know when enough is enough and even when you don't you both still don't get mad enough to say hurtful things like many other couples do. Lastly, I admire you just as you are. Please never change even though you may think I want you to when I say my stupid insults when I am angry or annoyed.

I love you, mom. Thank you for being the best mother in this world, cliche saying I know, but it's the truth! Thank you for being one of a kind and please always remember that I love you to infinity and beyond.