My Mother Is Beautiful But She Doesn't Always See It

To My Beautiful Mother Who May Not See That She Is All The Time

You are the most beautiful woman I have ever known, inside and out.

74

Women are constantly scrutinized in the media for what is considered perfect. You have to have a flat stomach, perky boobs, and perfect hair that seems to flow in the wind that never seems to get messed up. That's not real life. But still, women struggle to accept the fact that they are beautiful because of how many times we heard we aren't. We advocate for acceptance, but we don't always believe it ourselves

My mother is a prime example of that. She has taught me since I was young to be who you are and that who I am is perfect. She wants me to accept who I am is beautiful, when she may not always believe it herself. My mom is the most beautiful woman I have ever known, inside and out.

Puberty treated my mom well! She was the typical 80s kid with super curly hair pulled up and thick, prescription glasses. My mom had a mom that didn't know what to do with her hair. She was petite but had a growth spurt early when she was a kid. But going from that to a tall, slim woman. She still is gorgeous. She may not always see it though. Of course, she had kids and that obviously takes a toll on her body. My mother is beautiful.

My mom is incredibly strong. Not only did she have kids, but she raised them as a stay-at-home mom. I don't know how she didn't get sick of us! She has done it for my sister every day. She would pick us up from school every day, make us dinner, give us baths, and still have the energy to live her own life. She would volunteer at school and was the PTO board. My friends thought she was a superhero. They were right. She is.

She continues to amaze me with how much strength she has and what she has all been through. She was bullied in middle school and was a victim in a drunk driving accident. She tells me to this day that she is lucky to be alive. That a guardian angel was watching over her and still does to this day. My mother is beautiful.

With all that she went through, she continues to be this kind, wonderful woman who has the biggest heart in the world. I get that from her. Maybe that's just the mother in her, but I see her do it day in and day out at school (she is a secretary at an elementary school).

My mom has the sense of humor that will have you rolling on the floor laughing; her laugh is contagious. Her smile will light up a room. There were days my day had been ruined by something that had happened at school or just my hormones running amuck. My mom would just hold me and sing to me. She has the most beautiful singing voice. I guess I get that from her too. Her voice was so soothing that I would stop crying just to hear her sing. My mother is beautiful.

She has a beautiful heart, a beautiful face, a beautiful soul. She is my role model. The person I hope to be like one day. Everyone tells me I have the cool mom. And they are right. You may not always see it, but you are beautiful. I'm so lucky to be your daughter.