To My Mom On Her Birthday

Mom, today on your birthday...

I hope you know how lucky I am to have you as my own. You are my light, you are the reason for my life, and you are my world.

On your special day, I'd like to mention a few of the countless things that I'm thankful that you do for me.

You give me great advice.

Now that I've lived independently for a few years now, you might not think I listen to your advice anymore or even that I need it anymore. Well, that couldn't be further from the truth. Your lectures, stories of your childhood experiences, and advice about boys have shaped me into the person I am today and I take your advice to heart each and every day of my life.

You make me laugh.

Ever since I was a little girl, you've always managed to find a way to put a huge smile on my face. Your subtle little comments about life enable me to see everything with a humorous perspective and taught me how to laugh at myself. Thanks for giving me such a great sense of humor and showing me that a little laughter here and there makes everything better.

You're always open to talk.

No matter what time of day it is or what I feel like talking about, you're always there for me to listen to what I need to say. Nothing compares to a mother's listening ear.

You love to cook and dance.

Thanks for all those fun cooking and dancing memories! Now that I live on my own, I'm thankful for all those cooking lessons and not to mention your love of dancing. Music and food, what more could you want?

Your positivity.

No matter what was happening in your life, you always kept an open mind and remained optimistic about the future. That optimism made me hopeful about everything in life, and was like a light for me even when the day seemed dark and cloudy.

Although I could go on and on about how amazing you are, these are the main reasons you are so special to me, Mom. So on your birthday, live it up and celebrate your existence in the world! Love you so much