University of Michigan Things Every Student Misses

9 Things You Will Miss About The University of Michigan During the Summer

I am counting down the days until I go back.

296
university of Michigan

Every day I am thankful for going with my gut and choosing the University of Michigan. These are some of the things I miss.

1.Your college friends

Leaving Michigan at the end of April to go home to New Jersey, I knew my heart was about to break. I love all my friends so much and I am forever grateful for the endless memories and dinners we shared during our freshman year in the Markley and Mojo dining halls. Third Elliott always. You do not realize how close you can become with people in a matter of 8 months.

These people become not only your closest friends who you can tell anything but your family away from home. They make college so much better and without them at tailgates, lounges, and dinner, and even studying, Michigan would not be the same. You will miss your college friends so much during the summer.

2. GAME DAYS

No one can prepare you for what gamedays are like at college, especially at the University of Michigan. Game days at Michigan are like no other. Hopping from frat tailgates from 7 a.m. until game time is so fun especially with all your friends. Experiencing the Big House filled to the brim chanting all the fight songs and cheers while the team is playing is just different. It is all about THE TEAM, THE TEAM, THE TEAM. Also, you will miss the nap after the game just as much.

3. Lowkey, Mary Markley Hall

If you are lucky to be placed in Mary Markley Hall, do not complain. Yes, the dorms are tiny. Yes, it is not updated. But yes, it has the best social scene. My best friends in college lived right down the hall from me. The tiny halls and mediocre lounges are where you can make some of the best memories. I miss how everything I owned could fit in an 11x12 dorm room made cozy. You will miss it. If you don't well, you did not appreciate the true spirit of freshman dorm living.

4. The Diag

You will miss passing through the Diag to get to the Chemistry building or Mason Hall. You will miss knowing just how long of a walk it is to everywhere from the Diag. The Diag is basically the center of Michigan and Festifall occurs here as well as many other marches and events throughout the year.

5. The Fight Song

I miss being able to cheer the famous fight song as our teams scored in any sporting event. I will forever Hail to the Victors and yell the fight song as loud as I can.

6. Wearing Michigan apparel and sweats everyday to class

Being comfy twenty-four/seven during class and at home is the Michigan "look." No one cares about what you're wearing as long as you are comfy repping Michigan apparel. Your closet will be filled with so many free Michigan shirts and tons of gameday apparel.

7. Pizza House

After a night out, feta bread will be the first thing you want to eat. This fattening, delicious bread from Pizza House is a staple at the University of Michigan. Although you may not know what it is, you will after a month at Michigan. It really does help after a night out. You will miss this greasy bread.

8. Jimmy John's

Coming from a New Jerseyan, I love my Wawa subs, but Jimmy John's holds a special place in my heart as well. Getting the California Club delivered to my dorm within 15 minutes was absolutely amazing. Their sandwiches are great and not that expensive in the college town of Ann Arbor and are a quick meal fix. They also deliver until 3 a.m. most days. Whether you need a quick food pick up at the Ugli or a meal after class, you can turn to Jimmy Johns for a sub of your choice.

9. The Michigan winter

In your summer months, the cold is not something you think about too much. You enjoy the sun and the warmth way more after experiencing a cloudy and snowy Michigan winter. That is why I miss it. The bad Michigan winter really makes you appreciate the good sunny weather more.

The University of Michigan has more things to offer, but these are just a few of the things you will miss about this awesome college.