8 Things I Miss From Childhood

8 Things That I Will Always Miss From My Childhood

Ahhh, the good old days!

475

Okay, yes, I love being an adult. I can drive myself places, buy and pick out my own clothes, and basically do whatever I want. I can make my own food and eat whenever I want. And the best part is: I don't have a bedtime!

However, there are always things that I miss about my childhood.

Your Parents Buying Your Food.

Tacos With Lime · Free Stock Photo

www.pexels.com

On Fridays, my mom used to take me to McDonalds or Wendy's, or whatever fast food place I wanted to go to. And obviously, she would buy my food. Then, Freshman year of College, I went to Red Lobster by myself for the first time and when I got the bill for my food, I was shocked. I was like, this much? For just me? Dear god, why? And I decided never again to take myself out to eat because I did not have the income at the time to sustain that.

Disney Channel!

Pink White and Purple Light-up Disneyland Castle · Free Stock Photo

www.pexels.com

I miss the old shows like "That's So Raven" and "The Sweet Life of Zack and Cody." I lived for those shows. They were funny but focused on themes of family and friends. They were wholesome. But now all I see on TV is like, not nearly as cute or witty. I wanna go back to watching things that were funny, not watching people get killed on the news.

ICE CREAM!

Assorted-flavor of Ice Creams Inside Deep Freezer · Free Stock Photo

www.pexels.com

Because we live in South Carolina, it's warm out about 8 months out of the year. Therefore, my mom and I used to go get ice cream together basically every single day. I cannot think of a day where we weren't at Baskin-robins. She always got World Class Chocolate. And we would just talk. It was such a lowkey activity but it really meant a lot to me.

The Movies.

Time-lapse Photography of Car Lights in Front of Cinema · Free Stock Photo

www.pexels.com

I've always been into action movies and from the time I was in Elementary School to now, whenever they'd make any sort of Superhero movie, my father and I would go see it together. He'd even pay the big bucks so we could see it in 3D. And we'd have a little father/daughter bonding time. We'd share a popcorn and some laughs, but I always got my own large soda!

Batting Cages.

Green Ball on Sand · Free Stock Photo

www.pexels.com

I think it was middle school softball when my dad stopped pitching to me and started taking me to a batting cage. The first time I ever went, I was really afraid and I did terrible because I thought the balls were coming too fast. But, as with most things, the more you do them the better you get. So, I was becoming a better hitter and I got to spend Saturday mornings with my favorite man. Besides, sometimes it'd be funny when he'd put my helmet on and try to hit from the pitching machine as well.

Christmas Parade!

Man in Santa Claus Costume · Free Stock Photo

www.pexels.com

Whether or not all of you know this, I hate my hometown. But the only good thing we have is our Christmas parade. When I was in high school, I had to be in it because all three high school marching bands were in it. So, that wasn't fun. What was fun was being a little kid and seeing the marching bands, dance companies, bands, pageant winners, sororities, real estate agents and Santa himself. Plus, we ALWAYS got hot chocolate either during or after the parade, except those years where it was 70 degrees.

Barbecues!

Person Grilling Meats · Free Stock Photo

www.pexels.com

Okay, so my dad actually makes me the best ribs in the entire world. Like I swear they could win a prize. And he also makes chicken, burgers and hot dogs. Sometimes he even grills salmon. And I miss being at home for that sometimes because he'd ask me to mix his barbecue sauce for him or form the burger patties. He even designated me the "official taste tester."

Going to Grandma's!

Photography of Fruits · Free Stock Photo

www.pexels.com

Every Friday, usually after the fast food, sometimes before, my mom and I used to go to her parent's house and sit with them and talk to them. But my grandpa died when I was 8, so then it was my grandma. But we'd still go talk to her and watch TV with her. She grows tomatoes, so sometimes she'd give us those. She always had some sort of candy for us. Plus, she's the kindest person on earth, so you love being around her. In high school, I started having to go to football games every Friday and having practices, so it got harder to come by. But now, when I get the chance I try to go see her.