How Millennials Need to Become Motivated again

Millennials Are The Laziest Generation Yet, And It's Time To Change

Millennials are the laziest people yet.

859
Rachel Wahlin

What happened to the drive, the passion, the motivation to actually do things and take initiative? These traits seem so rare and 'old school' today. I think the millennial generation is the laziest yet.

Before you start bashing me for throwing a label, there are millennials that are hard workers, dreamers, and make things happen in their life. They are just a small percentage of our generation that still has that 'spark.' Cheers to you guys.

HOWEVER, for those who seem to settle, throw a little 'pity party' for themselves and so on. You probably know who I'm talking about. What happened to your passion? Your spark? What dimmed the twinkle in your eyes? I know life hits you, and things can happen to hold you back from achieving things, but that should only stop you...temporarily.

Let me repeat myself, that should only stop you...TEMPORARILY.

What is holding you back from getting back up? There are no such things as excuses. Excuses are just a way of nicely saying that you don't want to do something. As yourself, what is stopping you from achieving your goals? Every single person has their own story and situation. But every single person can have success. If you have the drive and the will, then there definitely is a way. It shouldn't matter how much time it takes to be successful. Just like the saying "it's all about the journey" really is true. Delayed gratification, hard work, determination, and mental toughness are what help you grow.

With that kind of attitude, the opportunities will come looking for you. People will seek you out and look up to you, and that will only drive you more to keep doing what you are doing. Trust me, it's a process but EVERYONE IS CAPABLE. Just like my science teacher said: "Life is like an EKG scan. You have to have ups and downs, otherwise, if there was a flat line there is no life."

Now go out there and make something of yourself. Let's not be known as the 'lazy generation', but the most successful generation this world has ever seen.