5 True Relationship Goals For The Modern Couple

Relationship goals are anything that you want them to be, with a focus on genuine displays of affection.

1292
Flickr

Romance isn’t dead, but it sure has changed a lot over the years. In our fast-paced and technology-infused world, love shows itself in ways that are often unexpected and remarkably simple.

Social media is abuzz with “relationship goals.” It’s actually become something of a phenomenon, with memes and posts about love and relationships taking the internet by storm. But what are “relationship goals,” anyway?

Relationship goals are anything that you want them to be, with a focus on genuine displays of affection. It’s about making your lover feel as special as they truly are. From small acts to grand gestures, these goals are important in keeping the love alive and displaying appreciation.

Modern couples have many barriers to face in the world of romance and dating. Long work days, family obligations, sickness and kids can make it tough to find time to enact that grand romantic gesture that will sweep your partner off their feet. But realistic couple goals are enduring and don’t rely on one-time acts. Given below are 5 Relationship Goals For Modern Couples:

1. Feeling perfectly comfortable with each other’s privacy.

In a world of smart phones, tablets, laptop computers and constantly evolving technological ways of staying in contact, it’s easy for people to feel uneasy about what their partners might be doing online. When you don’t feel compelled to be suspicious and don’t even care about not having your partner’s phone pass code, you have a kind of trust that many struggle to achieve.

2. Lazy nights in with Netflix and your love.

Date nights are awesome. You get to have fun as a couple, check out familiar haunts or even find new places to experience together. But not every night spent together has to be a date outside of your home.

Staying in and watching Netflix isn’t only for when the going-out budget is low. It’s a downright cozy way to spend time together! It’s also a good sign when you can spend hours in each other’s company without a bunch of external distractions.

3. Bragging about each other to your friends.

Nothing makes a person feel quite as special as knowing that their partner raves about them to their friends. When your partner shows pride in your accomplishments, it’s enough to give anybody a warm and fuzzy feeling. Sharing joy in each other’s successes and personal lives is a unifying experience that contributes to a strong foundation for your future together.

4. Not dreading buying birthday gifts.

A lot of the time, shopping for birthday gifts is a task that can be tough to look forward to. But when you know your lover and what they like very well, it can actually be exciting to pick out that annual present.

5. Feeling secure in your relationship-even when you argue.

New relationships can be scary. A heated argument could morph into a breakup, or leave one or both partners feeling uneasy about the future. When you butt heads with each other over something (even something really important) it can be easy to worry that this fight is going to be the end of things.

When you’re not afraid that an argument won’t affect your stability with your lover, you know that you’ve got a strong bond that’s worth holding on to.