Miley Cyrus is Giving Us the Quarantine We Deserve

MC is once again #iconic on social media.

18

Miley Cyrus has done it again! She is taking the world by storm, using Instagram Live videos to reach her fans during the COVID-19 quarantine. Miley's new show, called Bright Minded: Live with Miley, features Hollywood's most influential people tackle powerful topics such as mental health and LGBTQ. Miley, I'm listening to your every message of love and inclusion.

Bright Minded: Live with Miley's latest episode highlighted two of this century's biggest pop culture icons, Nicole Richie and Paris Hilton. Despite having three queens notorious for partying in one place, their conversations were far from shallow. The episode was focused on women empowerment. Miley pressed questions on Nicole's and Paris' entrepreneurial endeavors, and how their work has been affected by the quarantine.

Miley started the show with Nicole Richie. For one second, I questioned how fans would receive Nicole Richie's advice to mother's regarding self-care. Miley asked how women can sneak in time for themselves, to which Nicole responded that she finally had her first bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios for the first time in 15 years and that it was "the best meal [she's] ever had in her life."

Wut GIF

Okay... so Nicole was, by no means, delivering an Academy Awards Acceptance speech, but she did have a good point. Sometimes it takes something as simple as nostalgic breakfast to count as a measure of self-care.

Nicole used her cereal comment to leverage an important social message: many children out of school for the quarantine are living without lunches right now. She encouraged fans to donate to local food banks to offset this issue amongst struggling low-income families. I have only one thing to say about Nicole Richie's interview with Miley Cyrus… Loves it.

Nicole Richie GIF

Miley's next guest was perhaps the most iconic of them all, Paris Hilton. Miley was not shy in letting fans know she was "lucky to be popping [Paris'] Instagram Live cherry." Paris spoke about what it truly means to have an entrepreneurial spirit. She said she just loves living her life and sharing her good times with others, and so she works every day to make a career out of following her heart. She attributed her ability to tackle every creative endeavor to being an Aquarius. As a fellow Aquarius, I'm absolutely #sliving for it. I want everyone to use her message to become iconic in their own way.

Covid19 GIF

Bright Minded: Live with Miley has had 30 guests spanning a mere 10 episodes. It is refreshing to see a celebrity like Miley put in her own work before our eyes. She is her own cast and crew and it is fun to follow the development of the show with each episode. What started as an interview with her therapist has turned into a platform where celebrities can truly be themselves and share their insight with the world. Miley and her guests are the leaders and creative geniuses I aspire to be. And, besides, who doesn't enjoy a bunch of famous people talking to each other for hours? There's nothing else to do at this point.

Follow Miley Cyrus on

Instagram to tune into Bright Minded: Live with Miley, Monday-Friday 2:30 PM EST/11:30 AM PST.