Advice from your best friend

4 Important things I Have learned on Midnight walks with my best friend

Shifting things to a more serious note here...

91
isabella abdullah

As a college student, I wish I didn't waste my time worrying about these things, so here's my advice to you that I have learned while on walks with my best friend that I have found helpful along the way. I've found the best advice and talks are at midnight on walks with my best friend as we're getting eaten alive by mosquitos. Rachel and I have always found time for these walks, and I cannot imagine life without them. 10/10 would recommend going on walks with your best friend. You're in store for the best life talks.

1. People leave... and it sucks.

College is a time for welcoming new people into your life. What I have experienced myself, as well as from seeing scenarios involving other people, is that sometimes people will go from being in your life constantly to not being there at all. Sometimes there are reasons for this, or in other cases, you just won't ever know why. This is a heartbreaking situation to deal with, but what I've learned to understand is that those people who leave you are clearly not worth your love and commitment.

If they don't reciprocate the 100% you give to them, they are not worth your time. I promise, these people are not worth stressing over, and you need to take a look at your life, and be thankful for the genuine people who have and always will be there for you no matter what. Don't waste your time chasing ratchet people... It's not worth it. New plan: find cool people who appreciate you.

2. Don't worry about what people think of you.

This is a hard thing to accomplish, but I definitely feel that I've become a lot happier since I have incorporated this into my life. I believe that someone is happiest when they are their most natural, true self. Everyone is unique in your own way, and there is no right or wrong way to a personality or how someone lives their life. I have seen too many people getting hurt, and in the state of unhappiness and discomfort when they try to be someone they are not. It is so hard to see someone go through this, and it is important to remind the people you care about in your life that you love them.

3. Ultimatums... SKRRRT

Alright, if someone put you in an uncomfortable situation giving you an ultimatum you don't agree with, GET OUT of there. You should not feel pressured to do anything for anyone, no matter who they are, how they look, or what they say. You are your own person and can make your own decisions. If they give you the ultimatum that it won't work out or things will end if you don't agree with their grand plan, then they are not worth it. If your umm "person" doesn't respect you and your comfort, then they clearly are not worth your time. Their goal should be to make you feel safe and comfortable, not frightened...

4. Don't waste your time with ratchet people.

As crazy as this sounds, I can't help thinking about this as the realist and helpless romantic I am. Your future husband or wife is somewhere out there doing something right now at this very moment. Have you met them? Are you best friends with them? Are they in your life? You just don't know. It is important to try to strive to find to find quality people to include in your life. Knock out the ratchet hoes and start finding people who care and don't just want you for one thing. Once, I dated someone and it hit me... literally hit me as a door slammed into my face that I needed to end things. This man did not even hold open the door for me. Like, sir excuse me, where is your etiquette? Etiquette says a lot about a person.