50 Songs For Your Late-2000s Middle School Nostalgia Playlist

50 Throwback Songs For Your Late-2000s Middle School Nostalgia Playlist

Don't deny it, you listened to almost all of these on your bus ride home.

1622

For most people in college or recently graduated, middle school can be as far as 10 years ago. The times have changed, the music has definitely changed, but the love of your favorite throwback hits will always stay the same. Although it's been quite a while since you listened to these songs with your iPod nano or shuffle (if you were lucky) on the ride home from school, it's never too late to enjoy some of your own middle school classics.

For me, middle school brought some amazing artists now like Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Kesha, and Miley Cyrus and any song that was remotely catchy. So the next time you're in the car or on the bus, throw on these songs for a blast from the past.

1. "Burning Up" by The Jonas Brothers

"I'm burning up for you baby!"

2. "Live Your Life" by T.I. Ft. Rihanna

"You're gonna be a shining star with fancy clothes, fancy car-ars."

3. "Hot N Cold" by Katy Perry

"Cause you're hot then you're cold, you're yes then you're no, you're in then you're out, you're up then you're down."

4. "7 Things" by Miley Cyrus

"And the 7th thing I hate the most that you do, you make me love you!"

5. "Let it Rock" by Kevin Rudolf ft. Lil Wayne

"What is this, forgot? I must now remind you. Let it Rock."

6. "Tik Tok" by Kesha

"Don't stop, make it pop. DJ, blow my speakers up, Tonight, I'm-a fight, Till we see the sunlight."

7. "What Hurts The Most" by Rascal Flatts

"What hurts the most was being so close, and havin' so much to say, and watchin' you walk away."

8. "Pocketful of Sunshine" by Natasha Bedingfield

"I got a pocket, got a pocketful of sunshine. I got a love and I know that it's all mine."

9. "Just Dance" By Lady Gaga ft. Colby O'Donis

"Just dance, gonna be okay. Just dance, spin that record babe."

10. "Girlfriend" by Avril Lavigne

"Hey hey, you you, I don't like your girlfriend! No way, no way, I think you need a new one."

11. "Sweet Escape" by Gwen Stefani ft. Akon

"Cause I've been acting like sour milk all on the floor, It's your fault you didn't shut the refrigerator, maybe that's the reason I've been acting so cold!"

12. "So What" by P!nk

"So, so what? I'm still a rock star, I got my rock moves, and I don't need you, And guess what, I'm having more fun, and now that we're done, I'm gonna show you tonight, I'm alright, I'm just fine!:

13. "Stronger" by Kayne West

"Now that don't kill me. Can only make me stronger. I need you to hurry up now. 'Cause I can't wait much longer.'"

14. "Forever" by Drake, Lil Wayne, and Kayne West

"It may not mean nothing to y'all, but understand nothing was done for me. So I don't plan on stopping at all. I want this shit forever mayne, ever mayne, ever mayne."

15. "Womanizer" by Britney Spears

"You can play brand new to all the other chicks out here, but I know what you are, what you are, baby."

16. "Single Ladies" by Beyonce

"Cuz if you liked it, then you should have put a ring on it. Don't be mad once you see that he want it. You liked it, then you should have put a ring on it."

17. "4 Minutes" by Madonna

"Time is waiting. We only four minutes to save the world. No hesitating. Grab a boy, Grab a girl."

18. "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay

"I used to rule the world. Seas would rise when I gave the word. Now in the morning, I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own."

19. "Love Story" by Taylor Swift

"Marry me, Juliet, you'll never have to be alone. I love you and that's all I really know. I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress. It's a love story, baby just say yes."

20. "I Kissed A Girl" by Katy Perry

"I kissed a girl and I liked it. The taste of her cherry chapstick. I kissed a girl just to try it. I hope my boyfriend don't mind it."

21. "Not Afraid" by Eminem

"I'm not afraid to take a stand. Everybody, come take my hand. We'll walk this road together, through the storm, whatever weather, cold or warm. Just letting you know that you're not alone. Holla if you feel like you've been down the same road."

22. "Airplanes" by B.o.B. ft. Hayley Williams

"Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shootin' stars? I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now."

23. "Wake Up Call" by Maroon 5

"Wake up call. Caught you in the morning with another one in my bed. Don't you care about me anymore? Don't you care about me? I don't think so."

24. "Just a Dream" by Nelly

"I was thinking bout her, thinkin' bout me, thinkin' bout us, what we gon' be. Open my eyes yeah, it was only just a dream."

25. "Boom Boom Pow" by The Black Eyed Peas

"I'm so 3008. You so 2000 and late. I got that boom boom boom. That future boom boom boom. Let me get it now."

26. "DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love" by Usher ft. Pitbull

"So dance, dance, like it's the last, last night of your life, life. Gon' get you right. 'Cause baby tonight, the D-J got us falling in love again. 'Cause baby tonight, the D-J got us falling in love again."

27. "First Kiss" by 3OH!3 ft. Kesha

"She won't ever get enough once she gets a little touch. If I had it my way, you know that I'd make her say."

28. "Party Rock Anthem" by LMFAO ft. Lauren Bennett and GoonRock

"Party rock is in the house tonight. Everybody just have a good time. And we gon' make you lose your mind. Everybody just have a good time."

29. "Paralyzer" by Finger Eleven

"Well, I'm not paralyzed, But I seem to be struck by you, I wanna make you move, Because you're standing still."

30. "Thnks fr th Mmrs" by Fall Out Boy

"One night and one more time, thanks for the memories even though they weren't so great. He tastes like you, only sweeter."

31. "Numb" by Linkin Park

"I've become so numb. I can't feel you there. Become so tired, so much more aware. By becoming this, all I want to do is be more like me and be less like you."

32. "Like a G6" by Far East Movement

"Poppin bottles in the ice, like a blizzard. When we drink we do it right getting slizzard. Slippin sizzurp in my ride, like Three 6. Now I'm feeling so fly like a G6."

33. "Low" by Flo Rida

"She hit the floor (she hit the floor). Next thing you know, Shawty got low low low low low low low."

34. "Umbrella" by Rihanna ft. Jay-Z

"When the sun shines, we shine together. Told you I'll be here forever. Said I'll always be your friend. Took an oath that I'm a stick it out til' the end. Now that it's raining more than ever, know that we still have each other. You can stand under my Umbrella."

35. "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga

"Can't read my, can't read my, no he can't read my poker face, (she's got me like nobody)."

36. "Love Song" by Sara Bareilles

"I'm not gonna write you a love song 'cause you asked for it, 'cause you need one, you see. I'm not gonna write you a love song 'cause you tell me it's make or breaking this. If you're on your way, I'm not gonna write you to stay."

37. "Crank That" by Soulja Boy

*Cue dance moves* "Watch me crank it, watch me roll. Watch me crank dat, Soulja Boy, then Superman dat oh!"

38. "Beautiful Girls" by Sean Kingston

"You're way too beautiful girl. That's way it'll never work. You'll have me suicidal, suicidal, when you say it's over."

39. "Bulletproof" by La Roux

"Been there, done that, messed around. I'm having fun don't put me down. I'll never let you sweep me off my feet. This time baby, I'll be bulletproof."

40. "Whatcha Say" by Jason Derulo

"Mmh whatcha say? Mmh that you only meant well? Well of course you did. Mmh whatcha say? Mmh that it's all for the best?"

41. "Fireflies" by Owl City

"I'd like to make myself believe that planet Earth turns slowly. It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep 'cause everything is never as it seems."

42. "OMG" by Usher ft. will.i.am

"Baby let me love you down. There's so many ways to love ya. Baby, I can break you down. There's so many ways to love ya."

43. "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus

"So I put my hands up. They're playing my song, and the butterflies fly away. Noddin' my head like yeah. Movin' my hips like yeah. I got my hands up, they're playin' my song. You know I'm gonna be okay. Yeah, it's a party in the USA."

44. "Miss Independent" by Ne-Yo

"She's got her own thing. That's why I love her. Miss independent, won't you come and spend a little time?"

45. "Grenade" by Bruno Mars

"I'd catch a grenade for ya, throw my head on a blade for ya. I'd jump in front of a train for ya. You know I'd do anything for ya... I would go through all this pain, take a bullet straight through my brain. Yes, I would die for you, baby. But you won't do the same."

46. "Gives you Hell" by All American Rejects

"And truth be told I miss you. And Truth be told I'm lying. When you see my face, hope it gives you hell, hope it gives you hell. When you walk my way, hope it gives you hell."

47. "Glad You Came" by The Wanted

"The sun goes down, the stars come out. And all that counts is here and now. My universe will never be the same. I'm glad you came."

48. "No air" by Jordin Sparks ft. Chris Brown

"Tell me how I'm suppose to breathe with no air? Can't live, can't breathe with no air. That's how I feel whenever you ain't there. There's no air, no air."

49. "Hips Don't Lie" by Shakira ft. Wyclef Jean

"Oh baby when you talk like that, you make a woman go mad. So be wise and keep on reading the signs of my body."

50. "Apologize" by Timbaland

"They tell me that you mean it, then you go and cut me down. But wait, you tell me that you're sorry. Didn't think I'd turn around and say that it's too late to apologize. It's too late."

From Your Site Articles