Let me tell you a little secret, the middle child is not bad

Let Me Fill You In On A Secret, Being The Middle Child Is Not That Bad

The middle child has its perks even though I am stuck in between two crazy, wild sisters.

194
Claire Mosteller

As I was getting older, I always heard the middle child complain about how it sucks to be in that position. Sometimes I would play along and groan about how I also hated being the middle child but in reality, it was not all that bad. I never truly felt the same exact way that those kids felt. My siblings never made me feel like I was less than them, even though my sister was the star student at my high school. I have read some articles online about different traits that the middle child has and some I agree with and some I was like, "Eh, that is not right." I think most of it comes from the family that you grow up in. So maybe, just maybe, it is because my family is the best of them all!

The common annoyance that the middle child has to endure is that they are usually the "forgotten ones". For me, that was not the case. I am ALWAYS given the attention that I need. Except when we are all in conversation. Mom, I am sorry for including this and please do not feel bad but I have to expose it. Whenever there is a conversation, I am very rarely heard. I do not need pity or anything like that, I just don't make myself known when I am saying something and that is my mistake. I always bring it up to my mom and it makes her feel so bad so I apologize for including this, J9. Other than that, I am always in the spotlight. They are always checking up on me, always including me, and always reminding me that I am the favorite (sorry Al and Kate)!

A trait that I have learned about the middle child, that I do believe holds true, is that we are the peacemakers. To me, that isn't really a bad thing. I noticed over the years that I am able to settle things and bring calmness to catastrophe with the slightest bit of advice or simple "shut up this is stupid". I have always been that way though. I am constantly trying to make sure that everyone is getting along, happy, and not wanting to jump off the roof. Some may also call me a people pleaser but I just ignore that. I am THE peacemaker. I like to get involved and I am super nosey. Oops!

I really don't think that the "middle child syndrome" pertains to me because I live a pretty joyful, fun life with all eyes on me. I love making people laugh, I like talking about my interests, I like playing games with friends and family, and so much more. I rarely feel like I am the forgotten one due to my siblings. If my sisters read this, they are definitely going to pull my hair considering I have just been tooting my own horn about how great I am. So if you are reading this Kate and Al, let me have my moment since apparently, I do not have enough spotlight already!