What Michelle Obama's 'Becoming' Is A Must-Read
Politics

Michelle Obama's New Memoir Provides Insight into the Former First Lady's Life

Former First Lady Michelle Obama gives an entertaining, riveting account of her life before, during, and after her time in the White House.

140

"Becoming" is the autobiographical memoir by Michelle Obama about her life and her upbringing and life long before Barack came into her world. The book has become a favorite among many as it has sold over 1.4 million copies within its first week of publication. The former first lady gives us a comical and personal look about how she became the icon she is today and where it all came out.

While the book is still relatively new to shelves, it has been a catfight to get them. Christian Howard, a book fanatic pre-ordered her copy as soon as it was available but tried to buy another copy at the store for a friend. "It was crazy. I've never seen so many people trying to get a book all at once. I almost thought there was a free dinner with Michelle included."

Readers have raved about the former FLOTUS's book and many have stated as soon as you start, you feel like you and Mrs. Obama are best friends. The personable experience is something not many may feel when reading a book but Mrs. Obama changes the way readers look at her and former President Barack.

While no spoilers and details will be shared in this article, it is to be said that, "Becoming" will be a Christmas gift that many may be asking for this holiday season.

Mrs. Obama recounts the moments of spending time with her father and the moment she realized she was in love with Barack.

"Becoming" is a must-read for all ages and for those along the political spectrum. "Becoming" is available at all major book retailers and online.