Why Michelle Carter Deserves More Than 20 Years In Prison

Unintentional is very understated in this case.
82

Michelle Carter is facing up to 20 years in prison for being guilty of involuntary manslaughter. Involuntary manslaughter is defined as “the crime of killing another human being unlawfully but unintentionally.” Michelle Carter is a low type of human being. The reason Michelle Carter is being found guilty is that she sent a text that said “get back in the car,” to her boyfriend, who was 17 at the time, as he chickened out of suicide from carbon monoxide poisoning. Involuntary seems a little understated at this point, right?

She knew that he had a past with mental illness, and she knew that she could bully her way to the limelight. Telling someone, especially someone who has attempted suicide before, to kill himself, is a horrendous act. It is mind boggling to think that you could send your boyfriend a text telling him to get back in that car and die. Aren’t you supposed to love your boyfriend? Or you at least like him somewhat?

Michelle Carter, you took a young man’s life whether you think you did or not. You are the reason he is no longer here today. You are the reason his parents can’t sleep at night. You are the reason for so many saddened hearts. And guess what, nobody is crying because you’ll be sitting in prison.

I hope that you receive a maximum sentence, because you really deserve more than that. You even took the time to do a “dry run.” You told friends and family that Roy had gone missing. You knew where he was all along. I feel like, for that, you deserve your whole life. You weren’t mentally unstable when you told this boy to kill himself. You had intentions, and the spotlight was on your mind.

How convenient would it be if your boyfriend killed himself and now you suddenly have everyone feeling sorry for you? Now, no one feels sorry for you. Well, not at least in the way you wanted. We all feel sorry that you needed so much attention you had to get it in the form of national news for killing someone. So, maybe during your time in prison things will change.

One thing I don’t seem to get is how they let you off so easy. You intentionally told him to “get back in the car.” You knew where he was and could have stopped the entire thing or at least called the cops or his parents to go get him. You, yourself, could have gone and gotten him out of that situation. But, you, yourself, left him there to die. You actually encouraged it. He almost turned back, but there you were to turn him right back around.

At the time, you probably thought it was funny. “Get back in the car.” You killed someone. You took their life away. You put them six feet under. Michelle Carter is now synonymous with the word murderer. I bet that makes you feel like you accomplished a whole lot. So yes, I hope you get a full sentence, but I wish you could get more.