Operation Varsity Blues

To The Parents Looking To Help Their Kids Get Into College

Actually help your kids get into college and not with money!

49

Most of you guys have already heard about the scandal regarding the admissions scandal in which 50 people including Lori Loughlin, who is most well known as Aunt Becky from the "Full House" franchise, and Felicity Huffman, who is better known for shows such as "Desperate Housewives," were accused and some have been charged for paying more than $25 million between 2011 and 2018 to a "college admissions counselor" who used the money to fake student test scores and bribe college officials just to get their children into college.

The punishments have already come down with Loughlin and her daughter Olivia Jade: Mom lost her roles in Hallmark movies and daughter lost her deals with Sephora and TRESsumme. Loughlin has since deleted her social media accounts, and Olivia has turned off comments on her Instagram and YouTube videos and her sister Bella has changed her profile to private.

This should be a lesson to all parents and future parents out there believe in your kids. Those parents used their wealth and their fame to get their kids a spot that they probably shouldn't have even gotten. Now, schools out there are being sued because their kids weren't accepted despite their good test scores and involvement in their schools but the rich kids got accepted because their parents had a lot of money.

That money could have been spent getting their kids some good tutors or prep classes or even some involvement in extracurricular activities. Parents should show that they care about their kids by actually helping them out and helping them become better in school rather than bribing their way in.

It really doesn't matter what school they go to—it matters more what they do while they are at school. No one goes to school just to party and go to football games, people go to school so then they can get an education to get their degrees so then they can have future careers.

It appears that Olivia Jade didn't really care about school too much, as she said in one of her videos. It is her opinion, but if she didn't want to go to college and just wanted the experience, then maybe she could have just continued being an influencer, done her make up, and maybe take one or two classes at a community college. Then, someone who applied to that school wouldn't have been rejected.

Parents and future parents out there, if your kid wants to go to college, help them get there. Don't pay off a school in hopes that they will get a spot if they don't want to go respect their wishes. It is not the name of the school or the fancy degree that matters—it matters more the choices they make after high school. Help them make good choices.

What those 50 parents did was a bad example for those kids—we all need to do to right by the future generation and generations to come. Let us all pledge to be good examples and not make bad decisions. Let's be better!